Author Topic: C2's Play that Funky Music Multi Skill Trainer (Provo, Disco, Peace, Music)  (Read 41698 times)

Offline Omnibare

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Omnibare has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I've been using this from 50 to 90 so far, and it's working great. I've set myself up with two cu sidhe for the final bit. I'm going all the way to 120, I hope it's not too painful! I love that you allow the desired skill to be set without changing the code each time I use it. That's a AAA feature in my book.

Thanks for a great script.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Definitely painful the rest of the way, but C2 has made it that much more bearable for everyone!

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
I was in having some trouble with Peacemaking (as in, it's taken DAYS just to get to 94) so I had a look at the script - on line 119 there was a 4s wait, so I changed that to 9s. End result is that the time between Peace attempts has been halved because there is no 'must wait to use skill' message 4 seconds after a successful attempt which seemed to mess up the timer. Hope that made some sense :)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
I was in having some trouble with Peacemaking (as in, it's taken DAYS just to get to 94) so I had a look at the script - on line 119 there was a 4s wait, so I changed that to 9s. End result is that the time between Peace attempts has been halved because there is no 'must wait to use skill' message 4 seconds after a successful attempt which seemed to mess up the timer. Hope that made some sense :)

Interesting.  there was a different wait time for a success versus a failure on osi shards.  i wonder if they changed it.  that sounds like the issue you were having.

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Yep I did read something about that while I was researching the skill, but it never seemed to work for me.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Yep I did read something about that while I was researching the skill, but it never seemed to work for me.

I'll try to get on and look into it.  Thx for the helpful feedback.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
A little thing I noticed while working up disco...

You have the full success wait before casting invis on yourself, this wastes that time.

Here's the change I made

Code: [Select]
gosub TM_AdvJournalScan disco NONE play_jarring_music already_in_discord too_far up_to_the_task
if #result = #true
   {
   ignoreitem #ltargetid
   finditem %animal G_10
   if #findkind = -1
     {
     gosub reset
     gosub TM_AdvJournalSync disco
     return
     }
   wait 9s
   return

If you succeed, you ignore the target then see if there are any that are still un-disco'd (#findCnt). If not then you do the invis right away and return to start over.

Saves some time per cycle this way.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:52:41 PM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Thank.you!.Ill try to adjust that When I get on break.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
I snipped out the discord portion to build a hybrid that would disco a Cu on a boat - then use the bard mastery (trib?) on it.

One thing about doing it this way, when you invis/hide to break provo they will sometimes reveal you. That's because the bard spell is an attack and the targets have aggro'd you.

I don't think I'd recommend this hybrid version I used. I could write in a timer and recast invis if revealed, but since I was just afk training during the day I wasn't really concerned about time.

Now, on to provo.... heh.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile

Actually the wait is 9s on a success and 4 on a failure (just switch those 2 times.
Good catch 8Ball

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile

Actually the wait is 9s on a success and 4 on a failure (just switch those 2 times.
Good catch 8Ball

how the heck did i have those flipped and no one until now said anything.  I just fixed them in an update and the posted fix will be uploaded as 1.4b in a few minutes

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
A little thing I noticed while working up disco...

You have the full success wait before casting invis on yourself, this wastes that time.

Here's the change I made

Code: [Select]
gosub TM_AdvJournalScan disco NONE play_jarring_music already_in_discord too_far up_to_the_task
if #result = #true
   {
   ignoreitem #ltargetid
   finditem %animal G_10
   if #findkind = -1
     {
     gosub reset
     return
     }
   wait 9s
   return

If you succeed, you ignore the target then see if there are any that are still un-disco'd (#findCnt). If not then you do the invis right away and return to start over.

Saves some time per cycle this way.

adjusted!  thx again. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Thanks for the updates C2 - You the man!

Offline Glifious

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Glifious has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Where would I be able to adjust the time to stay invis/hidden? I searched through the script but to be honest I don't know much about scripting. On UoG Demise it takes 16.50 seconds for the target to become un-discordanced while hidden. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I just can't seem to find it. Thank you!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Look in the sub routine "reset" (without quotes).

You'll see this line in that sub:

wait 260

Since each second is 20 long, that's a wait 13 seconds. To change to 16.5 seconds you would use

wait 330

But.... I'd probably add another half second just to be sure. You can start with wait 330 and see if it works for you. If you sometimes don't break on the targets, just change it to 340.

Tags: