Author Topic: Relic Frag production methods  (Read 10726 times)

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Relic Frag production methods
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:52:39 AM »
Bronze Hammer + 1 perfect emerald per charge + Dull copper ingots = 40-45 relic fragments per hammer at the queens forge.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Relic Frag production methods
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
This is from a study I did on another less available thread some months ago.  These tests were looking at Silver Etched Mace and gold vs. valorite.

The bronze hammer method for making relic fragments seems to have the potential to be a cost effective method for making relics.  Bronze hammers go for 250K and up, with 250K as a relatively stable price point.  My tests were not extensive enough to be considered conclusive, but I am going to go with these numbers untill I see different results.

I had previously heard of using bronze hammers to make silver etched maces out of gold ingots and have tested that. See my figures below. Guardian Axe or Knights Cleaver are preferable. The Silver Etched mace method seems to make around 25 relics per hammer for all exceptional maces when unravelled at the queen's forge on a gargoyle with 120 imbue.  Ingredients required is one blue diamond, plus the ingots and the bronze hammer.  I tested it with valorite ingots as well and got better returns.  Averaging 33 relics per hammer. Diamonds go for anywhere from 7,500 to 25,000 depending on shard and volume. The base intensity of the maces should be 40 (Luck) + 80 (40 DI) + 130 (Undead Slayer) + 30 (30% lower Requirements = 280.  Because of the difficulty in making the maces, a good tali and/or an ASH is required to make them exceptional 100% of the time.  I have a 25/26 BS tali and I need a +15 ASH for 100% exceptional on a 120 skill smith.  Cost using the 25,000 figure for a price on the diamonds puts unit cost for relics at about 32K per to make not counting ingots, about 20% above the current cost on Atlantic.  There is a considerably better profit margin on other shards.

I also tested using the leafblade of ease to see how the results compare. The leafblade uses emeralds which appear to be a bit more expensive at 14-30K per depending on shard and volume.  This is slightly offset by the use of fewer ingots, 12 per blade 420 total / 20 per mace 700 total.  Leafblades add 20 more points as the value of use best weapon is 150 as opposed to the 120 added by the super slayer undead on the mace.  Results for the leafblade were slightly better than the mace, but the difference is probably not enough to favor one method exclusively over the other.  The higher cost of emeralds probably offsets the benefit of using leafblades.  This seems to suggest making whichever is cheaper based on the cost of the gems.  

The difference between the results using gold or valorite seems to indicate that using gold is preferable if you are making maces, and valorite is preferable if you are making blades.  Gold has a 1.07 multiplier and Valorite has a 1.2 multiplier for imbue value. Valorite ingots range in cost from 650 to 1000 gp per with an average price around 750 per. Golden ingots range from 75 to 500 per, with an average around 100gp per.

Cost per run of 35 maces in valorite 525,000: in gold 70,000 : Difference of 455,000 gp --> Approx 45K per extra relic
Cost per run of 35 blades in valorite 315,000: in gold 42,000 : Difference of 273,000 gp --> Approx 27K per extra relic

Using gold produces approximately 25 additional Enchanted Essence, valued at 2K per, these offset the lost relics to 50K.

Testing Notes:
All tests were done using 100% exceptional items crafted by a legendary smith with GM arms lore.  Unravel was performed using a gargoyle toon with 120 imbue at the Queen's Forge.
35 G SEM  24RF 59EE
35 V SEM 32RF 28EE
35 G LBoE 25RF 56EE
35 V LBoE 34RF 25EE

The following is information Hoby grabbed while working with the knight's cleaver recipe comparing verite to valorite.  I have done a lot of work with this as well and can confirm that the numbers I got were consistently similar.

Used a +10 ash, blacksmithy tali, and made 35 exe kwc's.  Unraveled for 44 relics and 3 enchanted essences. 

Used a bronze hammer and verite ingots, same setup, got 36 relics and 11 enchanted essences.  Oh and one gem to make it each kwc. 
Very nice. 

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:05:03 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »

[02:36:38 PM] Newsman: Paul, using dull copper ingots making knights war cleavers made 40-46 relics per bronze hammer

If this is accurate, this beats the heck out of what I was testing... 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »

[02:36:38 PM] Newsman: Paul, using dull copper ingots making knights war cleavers made 40-46 relics per bronze hammer

If this is accurate, this beats the heck out of what I was testing... 

I think you did these tests prior to the dbl resources chance was added

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
Definitely need to do some solid testing again.  I will adjust the resource grab on my script and do some testing when I get back from New York.

-Mario Andretti

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 01:31:30 AM »
Anyone one have a better way than dull copper and knights war cleaver + bronze hammer? its what ive been using.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
OK i did some testing, I couldn't test everything i wanted as i don't have all the recipes

All tested using a Bronze Hammer, +10 hammer equiped and a 23% 21%exceptional Talisman.  (35 of each type made)
r=relic, e = essence

Quantity
Queens   -  Home    Ingot   Recipe
31R 11E  -  33r  9e  Val      Guardian Axe
1r   87E  -   0r 58e  gold
2r   97E  -   0r 84e  DC

44r        -  40r 11e  Val      Knights war Cleaver
42r 3e    -  28r 37e  Gold
42r 3e    -  41r 9e   DC

quiet Surprising results.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
If I can get a chance tonight I want to check and see what the guardian axe gives out www.uoguide.com/Magical_Craftables .

Seems that it has 2 mods that normally won't be on a weapon so that "should" add some points, might be interesting.  From my other random tests it seemed like the old war cleaver still gave the best bang for the buck but these axe's might be a good use for blue diamonds as I can't think of any other thing to do with them.

On a side note has anyone ever burned a pile of those blue diamonds looking for Fast cast to stack?  I wonder if you could craft a 2 FC item from these...might have to pump out a hundred or two to see.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:31:09 PM by Canuker »
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
OK i did some testing, I couldn't test everything i wanted as i don't have all the recipes

All tested using a Bronze Hammer, +10 hammer equiped and a 23% 21%exceptional Talisman.  (35 of each type made)
r=relic, e = essence

Quantity
Queens   -  Home    Ingot   Recipe
31R 11E  -  33r  9e  Val      Guardian Axe
1r   87E  -   0r 58e  gold
2r   97E  -   0r 84e  DC

44r        -  40r 11e  Val      Knights war Cleaver
42r 3e    -  28r 37e  Gold
42r 3e    -  41r 9e   DC

quiet Surprising results.

Nice work EN!

Looks like War Cleaver + Dull Copper wins the day.

I usually do Blue Diamonds with Verite (Guardian Axe). I have some Perfect Emeralds laying around and I've never crafted War Cleaver with Dull Copper. I'll post my results.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:39:20 PM by Ultima »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
I didnt test silver etched mace or leafblade of ease as i dont have those 2 recipes.

If anyone has those 2 on pacific.. give me a buzz.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 02:37:06 PM »
I tried butchers war cleaver with DC = 0 relics

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
I tried butchers war cleaver with DC = 0 relics

Knight's War Cleaver + Bronze Hammer + Dull Copper Ingots.

Or is that just further testing?

I always mix up those two cleavers...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 02:48:47 PM »
Knights works fine with DC and Bronze
Butchers does not give relics with DC and Bronze

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
the bovine slayer property does not read as a property in the imbuing system.  you can have 5 mods plus bovine slayer last i checked so the weight is probably not being calculated correctly either when you break it down

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 07:07:17 PM »
the bovine slayer property does not read as a property in the imbuing system.  you can have 5 mods plus bovine slayer last i checked so the weight is probably not being calculated correctly either when you break it down

But its nice to have a 6 property kill killer... as those mooers are pretty dam tough. (Espeacilly the minatour)

Tags: