Author Topic: Client Patches  (Read 15972 times)

Offline NylarTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nylar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Client Patches
« on: January 09, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
I was on the same subject in 2 different threads, and I sort of felt like I might have been hijacking one or both of them. LOL not what I wanted to do, so I decided to put the relevant info in it's own post.

In case you want to do them yourself here is a list of patches available at
http://www.burningsheep.ch/.
Instructions are there as well, but the only method I got to work is described below.

The List:
  • RedSquare - GreenSquare = You can run through ; RedSquare = You will be blocked
  • BigJewelsnJewelry - Bigger Jewels, Bigger Jewelry
  • WallOfStones - Shortens the wall of stone by one third
  • PaperdollPatch - Adds 4 suares to the Paperdoll, chest, arms, legs, feet, most common armor pieces
  • CustomLogon - change the logon screen to your liking - READ THE INFO INSIDE IF MULPATCHER CRASHES
  • MaceSound - change the hit sound of maces to a more distinctive sound READ THE HOW TO INSIDE
  • BetterRegs - removes the gap so they are easier dragable, slightly bigger blackpearls
  • BigKey - BigKey, all keys are slightly bigger so they are easier to drag
  • EasyDungeonTrapsFix -  fix for the "hole"-Trap
  • GlowSwitch - switches now glow green so you can spot them easier
  • GreenBags - courtsey to uo-desktop.com's Elven Desktop, formated for this patching method - Check out the website uo-desktop.com for other great desktops!
  • SmallGold - replaces the big gold piece to the small thin one. Easy customizeable as usual!
  • SmallRobeNCloak - robe and cloak size reduced to 75%
  • TradeWindow - lighter background, easyer visibility
  • Dragon2Blackthorn - Turns Dragons into Lord Blackthorn, clearing up space on screen for tamers. Please read the HOW TO inside
  • Treehack - Turns Trees into Stumps and removes leaves.
Three Versions:
  • Justnotrees - removes only trees, other grafics untouched (100% compatible with IPY3 Portals System)
  • nootherstuff - non blocking small plants, etc
  • OldVersion - Old Treehack
  • Cleanfloor - Removes non-blocking object from floor for better overview
  • IPY Lottery Fix - Patches "poppies" (0xCBF) back
  • IPY Brambles Fix - Patches "brambles" (0xD3F & 0xD40) back
  • Easy Dungeontraps - Highlights the traps inside dungeons red for easy avoidance of dungeontraps
  • Darkjournal - Sets the background of the journal to a dark grey, easier to read journal
  • Staticfields - Makes any fields non-animated (some PC's perform better when many fields are visible on screen)
  • Customfields - Makes any fields a custom image (edit the .bmp to your liking!!)
  • NoSail Boats - Removes the sail and mast from boats, better visibility
  • No Static Roofs - Removes the roof of some houses (small house and city houses only)
  • Easyeb - Easyer energy bolt visibility - Fire or Ice Versions. NOTE: change the name in the .txt file (default is fire)
  • CustomStatusbar - Easy customizable Statusbar mod, Customize the .bmp to your liking!!

I have personally applied the journal fix, (I can't read that *bleep* in the normal colors.), and it's working, at least on the freeshard I play on. I used the program attached to install it and one that gave me colored spell icons. It does take a bit longer to start your client the first time after you patch, at least it did for me. Just give it a second and all should be fine.

Here is the method I used: I used the basic profile in UOFiddler and set up my directories (Be sure you set an output directory in the options!). UOFiddler has the new Ultima.DLL file in it, so it can read the UOP files natively, no need to extract the mul file at this point, just replace the appropriate graphics, then save. This will put new mul files  in the directory you chose above. Now you have to go to the plugin tab, (If you can't see it, you may have to extend your window.) On the plugin tab choose the uopplugin and on that menu choose the single file method. Reassemble your UOP file from the MUL files and then copy/paste your new UOP file back in your game directory. Be sure to back up all your original files!  At the very least maybe it will give an idea of what you might like in an easily applied patch file. I can make one of those for the newest client pretty easily, using a repo to make the patch file, but we need to come up with a list, or maybe 2 lists of patches to include as they would all have to be applied at once. This would be a way of making it much easier for everyone, but might limit the personalization.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
UOFiddlerv4.6.zip
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:17:19 AM by Nylar »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Client Patches
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
Very Nice - will try this and feed back any problems I encounter.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:41:29 PM »
i have tried it both ways of trying to repack the files but i never get the finally product to work like i go to uofiddler and unpack then files then open mul files and load the art artidx gumpart and gumpidx and then i change the file that i want and go back and save all of those to the ea folder and then i go back and try and repack them using a new folder i created for the artlegacy and gumpartlegacy and when it converts them there i place those files into the ea folder and nothing so what am i doing wrong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
Sounds like you need to merge them back together with the uopPlugin tab in UOfildder to the GumpartLegacyMUL.UOP file, THEN copy THAT file back into your client folder. Important step.

Post Merge: January 09, 2015, 03:02:48 PM
I don't know, aside that I don't unpack them with the plugin, I let Fiddler take care of the unpack. I could not get it to work either if I used the plugin to unpack them.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:02:48 PM by Nylar »

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
ok i will see if i can do it the way you wrote it but i was making the new file and replacing it into the ea folder overwriting the artlegacy and gumpartlegacy

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 05:06:37 AM »
Yeah I did the replacement as well, since I keep a backup of a clean up to date client for worst case scenarios stashed elsewhere. So is it launching ok but you just aren't getting the changes you expect? If that is the case, you aren't getting them in the new files somehow. I would assume that you aren't getting the changes you made saved correctly, I actually had a hard time with that myself the first few times. Right click on each of the tabs you used to update in fiddler out in the middle somewhere and choose save, from there.

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:47:23 AM »
Hrmm, seem to be having an issue simply opening the fiddler program itself. Every time I open the program I get the error :

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at UOFiddler.UOFiddler.LoadExtern ToolStripMenu()
at UoFiddler.UoFiddler..ctor()
at UoFiddler.Program.Main()

I'm running as admin and tried running compatibility mode.

Is this suppose to be saved in the UO directory or something?

Offline hanfraucher

• Activity:
    0%
  • hanfraucher has no influence.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:13:50 AM »
Glad you like my site :)

Unless something changed in the last few years:
.mul files you can mod directly

.uop files --> unpack to .mul files --> mod with muleditor --> repack the modded .mul files back to new .uop files

If the plugin doesnt work anymore, well, *bleep* happends, someone has to code a new tool

Offline hanfraucher

• Activity:
    0%
  • hanfraucher has no influence.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »
Just wanted to drop by

I recently made A LOT of updates to my site

Gonna be really worth it to check again!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »
Just wanted to drop by

I recently made A LOT of updates to my site

Gonna be really worth it to check again!

Outstanding Thanks for the update!

Tags: