Author Topic: Nintendo DSi  (Read 8033 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Nintendo DSi
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:06:59 AM »
So who knows about these things? Getting one for my son today...

PM me the *cool* stuff... post the rest :)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo DSi
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:56:11 AM »
This thing is like a portable Wii.

Internet connection, pictures (vga bleh), audio and oh yeah, plays games.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »
I have to say that the DS games are pretty darn cool.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:08:43 AM »

A good little explanation of it and some of its abilities

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
The DSi gets a big NO for me since I still have a whole bunch of GBA games that I still love to play.  What the heck were they thinkin???
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »
Give them another week or so LOL.

These guys are insane good at wreaking havoc on systems.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:49:50 AM »
Acekard 2i w/4G Kingston SDHC (Mode 4) on it's way :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »
Lets us know what you think about it after you have had time to tinker with it abit !?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 08:01:09 PM »
Sure will.

Decision came down to a few things...

I asked my son which was more important to him, saving games at any point OR cheat codes.

He said cheat codes.

CycloDS has that "save anywhere and start from that point" thing, but Acekard has awesome cheat code support. Also, Acekard is open source, so AKAIO is even better then the default OS.

Looking forward to playing with it.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:26 AM »
Acekard2i is awesome.

When I first tried setting it up with AKAIO (instead of the default acekard os) it didn't work at all. I was putting in a loader, as they said to do, but not necessary with the 2i.

I setup two folders on my PC. Acekard and AKAIO. I put the appropriate files for each into the separate folders, and loaded the 4G card from the folders. Both worked great. I went with the AKAIO cause it has more features.

So far no problems at all. Everything loads great. And the card is only $13.77 from dealextreme (no ram). Can't beat that.

BTW TM, I haven't researched it much but there's a homebrew app called 3in1 or something that allows GBA roms to be played  :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 06:55:23 AM »
But I can't pluggem in...... :(  Bad mojo..
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 05:59:23 AM »
There must be some type of adapter that you can plug in these old ROMs into a USB port or something...

Just to update the AceKard2i - it still rocks.

Since it's a DSi, I can connect to the internet. I used the akAIO software to update the cheat database. It connected online and downloaded the latest.

Now you can hilight a game then check for cheats. You can turn them on/off and every time you play that game the cheat is there.

Way cool stuff... and you can get it from one place for like $14.00 (without memory). I paid around $50 for the card and a 4GB.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 08:51:51 AM »
My Duaghter and son keep asking for a DSI and almost weekly hand me a sheet of the games they would want, I keep putting them off.
   So i was looking into it... having no real experience with these game platforms .. whats the best add ons to get for the homebrew stuff ive started reading about ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »
Look at AceKard. They have a 2 and a 2i (the i is for the DSi)

You load the microSD with whichever package you want, either the AceKard from their site, or the All In One from GBA site.

AceKard made their bios public, so these guys wrote an incredible replacement for it.

Anyways... you load that up and your in. PM me for details.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »
So is thier any real difference between the AceKard and the R4i card.   And which is better ??   (Main diff i can see is R4 has homebrew preloaded ie not on sd card which might be a hinderance in updating to newer versions)

http://www.acekard.com/product.php?type=ak2i
http://www.r4ultra.com/product.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
side note 4gb kingston class4 microsdHC for $12 at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-microSDHC-Memory-SDC4-4GB/dp/B000VX6XL6/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_c

Better yet kingston class 4 8gb $18
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-microSDHC-Memory-SDC4-8GB/dp/B001CQT0X4/ref=pd_cp_e_3

(both sold by Amazon itself) +shipping on both of course
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:37:24 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: