Author Topic: I was going to put up a WoW subsection...  (Read 12881 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I was going to put up a WoW subsection...
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »
But I couldn't even get past the 10 free days they gave me.  Man, what a booring game.  Pretty, but boring.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I was going to put up a WoW subsection...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:35:40 AM »
The best part of it for me was like going somewhere I could hide in a contested territory or whatever it was, and sniping them out on my hunter haha.  But it got boring because then they ended up comming back with friends killing me over and over and I coundn't go back to the boring grind!

UO is also a grind, but at least I can do that AFK! hahaha.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:40:03 AM »

UO is also a grind, but at least I can do that AFK! hahaha.

Oh man, grind for sure.  And once you get your level grind done, you are stuck with a never-ending gear grind for pieces that are nearly impossible to get.  And once you think you are all done, they'll bump the level cap and you get to start the grind all over again.. 

I will frequent WoW since it does have some fun times, but I will only pay for the service from time to time.  Not this time however.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:06:24 AM »
I did a month or so stint on wow but just go really bored with the grind really fast.  Debating going over and playing on Red's shard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:14:17 AM »
I did a month or so stint on wow but just go really bored with the grind really fast.  Debating going over and playing on Red's shard.

Ya, I just started back up on Alexandria again.  I have some establishment there and I love the 8K/chest fishing lootz.  ehhe.  However, the item randomizer sucks.  I've whined about it to the admins over at EasyUO, but they believe everything is fine.  However, when you go through 20 level *8* chests, and you keep *ZERO* items, that does start to say something about their loot generator.  Sucketh Grandeth.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:17:18 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »
I played alexandria for a couple of days but I have been hard pressed to find  a free shard I really like.  I would love to get back into GMing again but don't know of anybody with a decent shard looking for GMs.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:47 PM »
I played alexandria for a couple of days but I have been hard pressed to find  a free shard I really like.  I would love to get back into GMing again but don't know of anybody with a decent shard looking for GMs.

I got a bit turned off by Warlocke's attitude with the loot thing.  It's obviously broken, regardless of whether they are trying to keep up with OSI or not.  The chest loot generator does really well with special stackables like regs, gold, gems, scrolls, etc.  But with magic, we'll it's just bad.  They bumped the runic intensities of the shard recently to be closer to OSI, but didn't do much for the world loot drop.  He claims he did, but I have a full trashcan (several actually) that says that it sucks.  At this point, there is ZERO incentive to monster bash.  And don't even think you can get "lucky" with normal monsters.  I'll bet you could farm arctic ogre lords all day long (24hrs) and only generate items to be smelted.

What I need to do is just shut up, and go write a decent loot generator that has some brains instead of generating loot as one does by playing darts blindfolded.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 02:09:53 PM »
Even OSI's loot generation BLOWS for monsters & treasure chests.

Pre AOS it was a different story.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
Even OSI's loot generation BLOWS for monsters & treasure chests.

Pre AOS it was a different story.

As much as I like the total open nature of the item generation today, I still long for those few item modifiers and always feared when someone was chasing me with a Kryss of Vanquishing.

But OSI item loot generator is better than Lexia and RunUO in general.  I hate to say it, but ever since I've been on Lexia (even before the multiple OSI bumps) I've always been disappointed with the quality of the items dropped.  But after the runic bump, it's pathetic.  Best to just craft your items.

The positive side is that it makes looting creatures easier:

Code: [Select]
finditem POF C_ , %creature_body
if #FINDKIND <> -1
{
  exevent drag #FINDID #FINDSTACK
  wait 10
  exevent dropc #BACKPACKID
  wait 20
}

That's all, easy sleezy!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 04:36:20 AM »
Yeah i haven't been impressed with monster loot at all especially wit the runic changes that have occured, runics just blow monster loot out of the water.

Tags: