Poll

Would you support this process

Yes
6 (60%)
No
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The new election process.  (Read 7895 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The new election process.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
Really? They lie?!

But we have a way of ensuring they keep their promises, right? WTF - we don't!?! How stupid is that?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
Everyone is wrong but me.

RANCID/Twinkle McNugget 2012

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
Really? They lie?!

But we have a way of ensuring they keep their promises, right? WTF - we don't!?! How stupid is that?

That's why I think we abandoned the waterboarding process too soon; that'll keep them looking over their back!  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
The main problem with this is when a candidate "says" he has a specific ideology or opinion, but ends up having a totally different opinion or hidden agenda.  This has never happened in recent history.... :p

LOL  you think. 

One of our presidents would never do something like that ...

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
I think that this system would work better than the present method of slander and debauchery,, but its irrelevant so long as the electoral college is in existence.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
For me, in WA state, I live in the wrong county to have my presidential vote matter anyways.  It might sound like i have a defeatus attitude, I still vote, but unless you are voting in Skagit county, who's population out ranks all the other counties here in WA your ideas don't equal enough to make a differance.  Especially because, the biggest city (Bellingham) in my county (Whatcom) majority outvotes my ideals on almost every election that matters!  So, unless I am voting the way of Seattle (which I usually would never do) My vote = Diddly.  and also look at all the people on the East side of our mountains, more spread out lower populations, Hey Guess what! there vote means almost less then mine. Example the way Seattle decided to pay for Safeco Field.  Eastern WA farmers, that will never set foot in that stadium are paying for it, because the voters in and around Seattle voted for it......Sheesh. 

Also, If we could give jobs to people who wanteed them, well they probably wouldn't take them.  In my county (Whatcom) we are the number one producer of Raspberries on the entire planet.  Guess who does most of the work? Not locals, they all feel entitled to 401k and bennefits, and paid vacation and paid holidays.  hard to find anyone who is willing to "put there time in"  or get there hands dirty. Most of the labor here is done by "out of towners"  And they just send there money back home, as in a whole different country!

Cheers,
  Xander

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
Don't tell me about votes not mattering.... I'm living in Illinois :(

If it's a tie, gimme a call.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

ahh yes Illinois - vote early , vote often!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
Well no one said we live in a democracy did they ???   ummm well they might have

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:14 AM »
but its irrelevant so long as the electoral college is in existence.

These have been my words since I learned about them back in high school !!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 06:27:33 AM »
We DON'T live in a democracy, This here be a Constitutionla Republic!

http://www.thisnation.com/question/011.html
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:31:17 AM by Xanderyum »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »

If it's a tie, gimme a call.

Just think how I feel here in the Peoples Republic of California.  I run the risk of bursting into flames when I walk about.  lol.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: