Author Topic: I would LOVE to be able to do this - holy sheepness!  (Read 4327 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
I would LOVE to be able to do this - holy sheepness!
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:03:42 AM »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I would LOVE to be able to do this - holy sheepness!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:26:31 AM »
~HASEMA~ WOW That was awesome.  You would need a monster of a ride to be able to do that, and know what the heck you where doing with a lot of pratice and style but the ride would be AWESOMEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I think he got all the good out of those tires wouldn't you say ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:49:32 AM by Masscre »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:45:13 AM »
Man and machine in perfect harmony.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:27:54 AM »
The ride was super!!!!  Just not sure I completely believe 0-60 in 1.9 seconds I realize it is built up, but check out this link..it shows everything from $1.8MILLION dollar Bugatti Veyrons that cant do it that fast...I find that time very suspect!

http://www.universalauto.com/worldsfastestcars/fastestcars.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:43:41 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
A good driver could probably get to something close.  Problem is trying to keep that much torque engaged in the road, all the while moving a car that's pretty much lighter than air.  Not easy; lots of tire smoke or even levitation.  heh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »
At 650 horsepower and 660 ft lb of torque on such a lightweight vehicle I have no doubt that it's accurate. Consider that you're talking about a race car here, not a road-legal vehicle. Compare the 0-60 in 2.5 of the 4200 lb Bugatti verse the 0-100 in .8 in a dragster half it's weight (and incidentally about the same weight as a stock Fiesta). I grew up going to Funny Car and drag races and I gotta tell ya, that's absolutely within reason!!

Either way, I wish I could test it personally :D

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:34:36 AM »
Anyhow, back to the video.  I wouldn't want to be the Segway driver; that was just crazy!!  But if someone wants to donate a segway to my cause, I wouldn't turn it down.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
At 650 horsepower and 660 ft lb of torque on such a lightweight vehicle I have no doubt that it's accurate. Consider that you're talking about a race car here, not a road-legal vehicle. Compare the 0-60 in 2.5 of the 4200 lb Bugatti verse the 0-100 in .8 in a dragster half it's weight (and incidentally about the same weight as a stock Fiesta). I grew up going to Funny Car and drag races and I gotta tell ya, that's absolutely within reason!!

Either way, I wish I could test it personally :D

X

I agree with your weight assesments, the Bugatti does put out 1020hp, and a top fuel dragster puts out between 7000-8000hp. The fiesta puts out 650 HP and weighs 2462. Or 3.79Lbs per Hp. The Bugatti weighs in at 4153 at 1020hp = 4.07 lbs per HP. The Top fuel dragster weighs 2125 lbs at 7500hp or 1hp per 0.28 lbs  so yes, it might be possible to hit the 1.9 sec 0-60.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Tags: