Author Topic: The Mob Rules  (Read 3020 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
The Mob Rules
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »
What action would you take if a mob suddenly appears and is working it's way towards you?

Seems like there has been a rash of these "beat downs" at the hands of mobs lately. Just wondering what course of action people would take if they found themselves in that situation.

Please - this isn't a racial thing, don't include any racial remarks or they WILL be removed and the poster WILL be penalized.
Please - this isn't a pro/con gun control issue either.

Stick to what YOUR ACTIONS would be and don't debate someone elses actions.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Mob Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 08:46:10 AM »
I'm GM in running and I would (as far and as fast as possible).

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
Interesting topic.

I was a prison guard for 11 years and can tell you that being a brave man has its place in the world.  I will always teach my son to stand his ground against someone trying to bully him or in situations needed to stand up for his beliefs.

With that said... In situations like this standing your group and being brave is not wise.  The intentions behind these attacks are not to be taken lightly.  Even if the intent is simply to give you a beating there is a chance that things will go too far.  There is a story in the news today of a man that died from a beating given to him by 6 police officers.  Remember the Dodgers fan that spent months in a coma?  

Standing your ground one on one is being a man.  Even attempting 2 on 1 can be admired.  But when the attackers out number you in such away that you would have no chance at defending yourself even in the slightest, well.... that is time to get out of dodge.  Do what you can to raise attention to the situation or get away.  Live to fight another day... Live to take care of your family... Just plain LIVE and be smart.

It is sad that things like this are all too common.  That is my opinion anyway.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
I'm a fan of Goliath's answer. Really you just need to do what you can to survive. Whether you run or hide, do what's needed.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
In the words of Ron White:

"I didn't know how many it was going to take to take me down, but I knew how many they were gonna use!"
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »
Depends.

A)  Where am I?  If I'm in Colorado, I'm carrying concealed.  If that mob is 7+1 people or less, I'm good.
B)  Do I have friends?  Can I outrun them?
C)  Is my family with me?
D)  Is the mob made up of Zombies?  If so, enact apocalypse plan alpha.

Chances are, I'm running the other way.  I didn't stay this good looking into old age by letting people break my face.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
There are a lot of variables that where left out (like was i near my car or gun, did I have my family with me, was I in my truck which i always have a machete and gassed up chainsaw with me, was I at work or in town and so on) these items make the out come different. The first answer without any more data whould be to run or outrun the guy next to me. Now with that said I think If I was in my Fullsize and teh mob started my way I would only have to run over 2 or 3 before they would turn and run them selves. Also if I was in my pick up and had my chainsaw cranked and my machete straped over my shoulder I believe I could hold my own at the front of a medium sized mob.

P.S. We had a freak storm today on interstate 85 here in georgia very close to where I live and super close to my fullsized. I am leaving work and driving down I-85 and up comes this freakish storm and it blows 4 pine trees huge now around 30 to 40 feet high down on to the interstate. but imagine it is pouring some major water on the interstate at this same time some much we where almost hydroplaing trying to stop when the trees feel about 100 feet infront of us. then traffic was stopped for like almost 2 hours while emergency personally was called into cut these tress out of our path and clean up the roadway. Amazingly no one was injured except for a few soiled underwears.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
I have long arms and very fast legs for a 43 year old.  I chu-chu-choose to run.  Arms flailing wildly to distract the onslaught.  It's a spectacle. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 05:56:25 PM »
i havent watched anynews in 12 days so i have to ask where is this question coming from ??

But you cannot solo a mob.  If its a mob of any determination and you have no defeneses you dont really have any options

1) leg-it
2) blend into the background
3) all else fails appear to join them 

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 03:10:34 AM »
I think it depending on the Situation.
Sometimes its better to run of. Sometimes its better to fight.
I would first try to talk with the Mob.. if they in insane rage i would prefer running.. if they would calm down i would try to handle the situation. If they getting provoked of the talk and offer me a fair fight 1vs1 i maybe would fight.

Additional Factors:
-Alone?Friends?Family?Girlfriend?
-Reasons the Mob is hunting you..

Crome

Tags: