Ultima Online Bug Discussion > General Discussion

Imbuing junk for turn in points, what works best?

(1/3) > >>

Gemviper:
I'm working up my second imbuer, on a second account, and was a bit surprised at the prices of imbue related stuff. Good luck even finding a 15 minute imbuing scroll and expect to pay over a quarter million per 0.1 skill scroll, really? The regular gems are ridiculous too, especially in west brit trammel jewel shop where the bank is within reach of the NPC.

I asked around and 1 guy suggested imbuing for clean up britannia points. He pointed out one particular vendor who had a portal to a house in his luna place where you could see a dozen afk smith/imbue toons doing their thing around a trash barrel. That luna place has a dozen or more of each cleanup dye for sale at all times, and most every other item the cleanup guys sells too.

So I'm convinced there is a way to turn raw mats into points for profit with imbuing, but what to make and what to imbue, anyone have a clue that is willing to talk about it? I'm sure someone has made a chart somewhere but I've yet to find it.

The Ghost:
To raise imbing to need to stay in the 50% success rate to gain.   To  train imbuing for 50 to 120 is a question of quantity.  I had seen a few option.
 - Some had unreveal item all the way to 120.  u need high end loot for that. Covetous lvl 3.
 -  Mwinc have a build to raise imbuing and work fawless.  the cost is 1.3 mill uo to 5 mil.  Depening of where you buy your gem.  I have gem from mining and Gepsy camp.   Not sure that the amount of item  u make will give you lot of point in clean point.   

If ppl are trashing their items, you can oprn the trash and see what are they trashing.

Gemviper:
I got Imbue from 40 to 120 in just under 10 hrs, but this was not my first imbuer.

I've had a little luck with figuring out what gives the most turn in points, but not much yet. Item intensity dictates the name of the item and I found that I could make "greater" magic items fairly easily and cheaply. Things like "exceptional" and weapon vs armor and if it's a weapon is it a 2H also play a role.

I was getting 24 points for a war axe which works out to 2400 gold worth of points but my cost was just a few ingots and a handful of gems and residue. Remove the value I could have gotten by just selling the ingots and gems and it's still a 2k profit, sorta. With this math I will use up about 4.1 million in materials to get 250,000 points, and pick up a dye that sells for 5-7 million.

That's a 1-3 million profit BUT it's too time consuming, I'd have to make over 10k war axes and imbue them all so... my quest for an item to make/imbue that yields more than 24 brit cleanup points continues. I really hate the 3 min delay on house trash barrels too, but I'm glad they give points.

The Ghost:
just secure your trash barrel, so when you hit the 125 items it will reset to 0 and will remove the 400 stones limit as well. 

Will be faster farming T-map from the guardian room.

manwinc:
Chances are they are just turning ingots/boards into residue, Turning in residue for 105-110 Powerscrolls + Chisels and throwing away the powerscrolls for cleanup points.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version