Author Topic: Bugworm  (Read 1433 times)

Offline bugwormTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bugworm has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Bugworm
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:55:07 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Bill, and I am a UOAholic. I have played UO for about 18 years now.

The first time I played UO I was 14 and at a friends house. I was immediately hooked. At the time my parents were scared to use a credit card online if i remember correctly, and I would delay about another 3 years before I got my first account.

I was 17 and had my own bank account with a debit card, it was time! I cant say I really thought about UO all the time, but I can say it was always somewhere in my mind, that game that I had played and liked so much. I loaded it up and began to play. I chose Atlantic. I was a noob in every sense of the word. I cooked a little, cut logs, built things with carpentry, tamed, casted spells, wore a sword. I kinda thought I could do everything at once.

I needed gold and someone I saw said mining was good for gold. I mined for an entire day, like 5 am to 11 pm. The guy that told me about that bought my something like 8k iron ingots for 30k gold. He ripped me off but I had no idea. I was thrilled. I wanted a boat, and I wanted to sail to ice island and tame polar bears.

I met a girl. The first words I said to her were "Say all follow me". She was trying to get her horse to follow her. She was irritated, and she thought I was being a sarcastic jerk. We became friends, and I invited her to join me on my ice island journy. It took us about 6 hours to find the island. We tamed a bunch of bears. We figured out getting them on the boat, and ended up in Skara. She had to go, she tried to stable her bears and could only get 2 in the stable. She had to leave the rest.

As you all know there wasnt really a way to get connected with people. You meet them, you play with them, and if you dont see them at the same bank/hunting spot you may not see them again. I hadn't seen her in about 2 weeks. I just assumed I wouldn't see her again.

I found some great people, people who take in noobs.... Side note, wasnt the online community INCREDIBLE back then? I mean maybe it's a bit of rose colored glasses but I remember people being much more helpful and nice. The guild was ACA... Livia Darkmoor was the guild master. They were good people, they taught me the game, got me my first nightmare, and set me up.

I was at our guild house, and a gate opened up outside. There she was, Sara. We were both so excited to see each other again. Over the next couple of years I fought for the glory of the Shadow Lords, owned a large tower, and lost a few friends to the dreaded RL.

She quit when she went to college. I quit before AOS. We spoke for 7 years off and on. I told her how I feel about her. I moved 1042 miles to meet her, and move to her state 1 month later. We have been married since 2012.

A little more UO history.

Since I quit right after AOS, I have played on quite a few free servers. Most of them UOR style.

I'm a huge PVM player. I tend to join a server, grind out a castle and a hand full of players, burn out, and take a break.

I love to pvp but I honestly hate running in gank groups killing tamers.

I feel like I am having a hard time concluding this. Thank you for considering, as it was put on another post, "lifting the veil".

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bugworm
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:33:11 AM »

Thanks for your excellent introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bugworm
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:59:07 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: