Author Topic: Memories  (Read 2198 times)

Offline rytramTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rytram has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Memories
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
I always find an introduction to be an oddly forced interaction for me. I only ever played multiplayer games, because the person on the other end was a better opponent than the AI. I had a small group of friends that shared the same ideas as me. This continued through most of my childhood until around 7th grade. A friend of mine had returned from a week away at his cousins house with stories of a game. Armies of chickens guarding the teleporters of Jhelom, the ratmen raids onto Brit bank, and the general wild unknown outside the protection of guards(before Tram). After a little probing, I found myself logging into UO.   

I remember the sensation of seeing someone with a full spellbook for the first time. I remember running from lichs in Jhelom's cemetery, and I remember taming my first dragon. I also remember losing all of my possessions to that lich. I remember my dragon being over run by PKs, and my guild fighting back in the memory of my fallen dragon. The memories I had with this game are among the best that I have ever had in a MMO. They taught me a lot about people and social interactions that have not been replicated. Returning to UO was inevitable.

Since that time, I've had a lot of time to explore life and a plethora of MMOs. My name is Jeff, and I have come back home.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Memories
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »
Love hearing others reminisce about their beginning in UO. I was a pack rat and did not have anyone to show me the ropes. I would run around collecting things left or dropped by others, killing brigands and orcs for gold, and dying to Liches. I was PK'd for the first time at the Brigand camp. Good times! I think it was 3 or 4 months before I ventured very far from Brit and the Brit crossroads.

Are you playing a free server or official server? If official server, which one?

Offline rytramTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rytram has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:17:27 AM »
I've decided on UO Gamers: Demise. I had originally downloaded to play on official servers, but I have a deployment fast approaching. I was hoping I may be able to recover my old account on official, but it was from before Tram. :\

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 05:12:42 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »
Welcome to scriptUO. You are still invited to join the official servers also :) .

Tags: