Author Topic: Find/Replace  (Read 10608 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Find/Replace
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »
Is very cool, the display of all the instances is nice.

Now the ability to EDIT in the display and UPDATE to change the script where edited would be amazing  ;)

Much cooler then toggling to the script, changing the line, toggling back to the find/replace.

Edit in Find/Replace, hit UPDATE, and changes made in script without leaving the Find/Replace.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Find/Replace
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »
Hmm, that be a large can-o-worms!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
Ah, too bad. Small can could be cool, but big can... nah.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:15:56 AM »
Ya, the problem comes down to what's actually put up into the little editor box.  There's no connection between the information you see there and what you are actually editing.  I just make note of the line of information, where in the line the information was found and the line number.  It's not really meant to be edited.

Now what you ask is possible, but would require a complete re-write of that section.  Since I've barely had time to work on it at all, large additions like that are almost impossible.

But it's a good feature, and I'll add it to the wish list.  So when I win the lottery and have lots of spare time I can add those special features.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:41:52 AM »
ooo I had always thought it would make sense, but I have no ideas of the complexity of making such a thing happen ^_^

Tags: