Author Topic: Which Operating System To Use  (Read 4370 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Which Operating System To Use
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »
I have decided to reformat my hard drive and start from scratch. My machine is a Dell XPS quad core and I need some advice on what operating system to install. It is currently running 32 bit XP. I have copies of 32 and 64 bit XP and 32 and 64 bit Windows 7. The machine is mainly used for games and Microsoft office and visual studio 2010.

So what do you guys think?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Which Operating System To Use
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
I've had Win7 for a few months now and really like it. The transition from WinXP was really smooth, not too much of a learning curve for me.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Which Operating System To Use
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
I still hate saying that I like Win7, especially after the Vista debacle.  But I have 4 systems running some version of Win7 or another.  It's equally balanced with Fedora 14.  If it wasn't for Win7, I would be completely into Fedora except for my gaming system.  My normal day-to-day is still controlled by Linux, tho.  But since you are going to be doing Visual Studio 2010, you need a Microsoft joint.  Mono just isn't really an option for Linux .NET.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: