Author Topic: Is there a script to simply just stay active?  (Read 3595 times)

Offline dirtmcgirtTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dirtmcgirt has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Is there a script to simply just stay active?
« on: April 24, 2020, 04:29:19 PM »
I'm training a pet on a boat, all I need to do is just be there while he is being targeted.  However, I get logged due to inactivity, is there such a thing so i can just stand there, or something that says a word every now and then? Thanks y'all. 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a script to simply just stay active?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 05:25:21 PM »
Make a loop to  open backpack, sate ot war mode every 5 min.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »
I use the 2d client, is there a way to make a loop im not aware of?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 10:06:23 PM »
Make a basic sub to open you backpack and then set the wait for 300 seconds. It will open your backpack every 5 minutes that way. I think timing out is somewhere between 9 and 15 minutes. If you use Razor, you can do the same thing with a macro and set it to repeat.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
Someone ask the same question not long ago.  spend 20 min trying to dig up the post, but I cant find it.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 05:39:23 AM »
I hate to admit this, but i don't know how to write a script.  I tried to cut and paste a section of a script, from a random script, but it didn't work.  Something as easy as just opening a rune book, while im hidden, so i can stay in the room as my pet just eats daemons. 

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 05:45:08 AM »
Here is something that will open your backpack and wait 5 minutes ... forever... nothing more fancy than that.

Gaderian

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
open_mainpack.txt
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 07:25:56 AM »
Dude, thank you!! This is exactly what i was looking for!! Life saver.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 07:59:04 AM »
That is how you learn. Look at scripts and see what functions do. My first script was basically looking at other scripts and trying to figure out what I wanted and how to do it. Here is my first script attempt: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9767.msg83353#msg83353 and then this is what it turned into: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9770.0 My own personal version has expanded even more and my skills have gotten better. I live up to my saying under my avatar, "I script well enough to break things". It is a learning experience that is ongoing. I still learn things all the time.

The EUO wiki has a lot of what you need.

This is an awesome page: http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Event_Macro and looking at the event macros you will see there is a event macro to open backpack. The top of that page tells you how to call the event macro.

Then looking up how to use a wait, I used the search box from the event macro page. http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Wait That shows you how to work with wait times.

Code: [Select]
sub NoIdle
event Macro 8 7
wait 300s
return

You can also cast a spell on yourself. I looked up "target" on the wiki http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Target to see how to target something. Then I used event macros.

Sub Bless
event Macro 15 16
wait 10
target
event Macro 23 0
wait 5s
return

Looking into other scripts you can see that calling a sub is "gosub" so to initiate the little sub would look like this:

gosub Bless

Sub Bless
event Macro 15 16
wait 10
target
event Macro 23 0
wait 5s
return

This is how you learn. It will allow you to figure out how to edit scripts to do what you need and how to make things on your own that you need. Most won't write things for you but will help you figure out things as long as you are posting what you are trying. Trying things on your own and asking for help will go a long ways here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 08:07:03 AM by Crisis »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 06:20:25 PM »
Thank you very much for this.  I am interested and I'm willing to learn. I actually tweeked the taming script and ran it while i macroed resist on my pet. It worked like a charm, I was also pretty proud of myself.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: