Author Topic: event pathfind  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: event pathfind
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »
Endless Night,
Yes, I use the rail system from the character toolbox. The only 'issue' is that it is limited to 26 steps in a direction - then it had a pause. If I could eliminate that pause, it would be perfect. As it is, it goes anywhere as I want. I used it to solve my Ant Colony movement quest with all the Z axis irregularities.

It solved my issues over failed moves because of the Z axis. It goes exactly where I want.

The one issue is if the #chardir (my character's direction) is aligned with the initial movement direction. It would take an extra step in that direction if I was aligned. I solved that external to the movement subroutines. I know there is code internal to the movement routines to try to handle that, but I suspect that is needs a longer wait around trying to change the direction. This may have changed since it was developed. It bothered me for a very long time (more than 1 year) and I just couldn't figure it out. Finally I realized it was a timing wait issue with my external routine. Now that I have added some short waits - it works flawlessly.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: event pathfind
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
Endless Night,
Yes, I use the rail system from the character toolbox. The only 'issue' is that it is limited to 26 steps in a direction - then it had a pause. If I could eliminate that pause, it would be perfect. As it is, it goes anywhere as I want. I used it to solve my Ant Colony movement quest with all the Z axis irregularities.

The version in the character toolbox is an older version.  Their is a newer version in my Library files that allows for 678 steps in a direction (26x26), and probably solves the others issues as well.   (in file Ens-Subs-RailSystems.txt)   Their are 2 other rail systems in that file as well that i used for different things.

It allows for 678 steps by utilizing 2 or 3 characters to represent movement, older version utilized just 2 ... ie  2A  = move 1 step in the 2 direction, 2AA = move 27 steps in the 2 direction. 3zz = move 678 steps in 3 direction   etc.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 06:51:00 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: