Author Topic: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Power Supply Issue?) TM?  (Read 4794 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Power Supply Issue?) TM?
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:37:21 PM »
I get this bsod stop error when I OC my Phenom X4 II 940, Ram gets REAL hot.

The PSU is a 450w (Might be 550w), which I am sure is low for this system to begin with.  Like I said this ONLY happens on the OC, no problem on regular operation.  The OC is normal +18x, volts from 1.25 to 1.55.  Which from all OC pages I have read is stable for both my MB+CPU+Ram combo.

So, as I have a 900w PSU on the way, I must ask, is this error sounding like weak psu?  It is sure pointing that way to me and google yields pretty much the same.  Asus Power Calculator shows I need a minimum 700w for my system, Im sure with OC that number jumps, which is why I got 850w.

So whatcha think?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Scrripty

Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Power Supply Issue?) TM?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »
Overclocking an underpowered cpu is not a good idea.  If you have a newer video card, I'm SURE it's underpowered.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
I wouldn't mess with any overclocking on that small of a power supply especially if this is the new system that you are supposed to be running which means you are probably already beyond capacity without an overclock.  As far as the error it does seem likely that it may be a result of the power supply being so week but it is really hard to say as that kind of error generally is related to RAM. 

For the time being do not try to do anymore overclocking with that power supply still in the system as you are likely to cause damage to other components due to voltage regulation not being handled well under that kind of load.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
Yep Im not touching anythign until the new one comes this week.  But a low wattage, would definetly cause memory to mess up.  Bet I dont have problems when the new ones comes.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 04:57:13 PM »
Its not so much as its a small power supply as tot he fact that it could or could not be producing good quality power and other words is it a cheap PS or a well built one producing good quality power because under good conditions a small power supply that is well built can do lets say more than the rated 450 watts and when under a heavy load still produce the needed 3.3 volts 5 volts and 12 volts and so forth not dropping or fluctuating voltage to the load being placed on it.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »
well its a good PS, its an evercool or coolermaster, 450w fanless.  But still running two PCIe graphics cards, Tuner Card, 5 hard drives, blu ray dvdrw combo, probably 5 usb devices, 4 or 5 fans, including a 12" case fan, front card reader, front usb/hd sound, onboard sound and video engaged, 4 sticks of ddr2 ram 2gb each.  And the lighting system is probably drawing tons of power.

Like I said the Asus sit say minimum should be 700w, so 850w should run everything good.  I know X said I should go 1000w but cant afford 150-200 clams right now.  So we will see how the 850w stands up to this.  Im hoping it will run it all good oc'd to 4gb, got a liquid cooling kit on the way.

The GeForce 8600GT card I got, the fan died, it was running close to 100c, so get this...

I took a stock AMD AM2 CPU cooler, drilled some holes in the heat sink and mounted it to the card, the fan is now attached to the MB sys fan lol.  But its running at 35-40c now.  nd that is still like 20 cooler than when the fan worked.  I will post pics later.

Now I just need to find a cheap northbridge water block for the liquid cooling.
Coragin

My Facebook

Tags: