Author Topic: The easiest way to gain Parry  (Read 6058 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
The easiest way to gain Parry
« on: July 18, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
+1
I was searching the archives here, and at EasyUO, for an easy and fast way to gain Parry.  I couldn't find any scripts that did not take an incredible amount of set up.  I heard that Sheep were a good way to gain Parry, but Sheep are not fast enough.  The trick to gaining Parry is to have a creature hit you fast enough, so you have a greater chance of blocking their hit by Parrying. 

At the most you'll be able to have nine creatures attacking you at once (eight surrounding you and one in the same tile as your character). Be sure to have a sustainable method of keeping your Hit Points above zero; bring hundreds of Bandages (and set a healing macro looped) or cast healing spells (remembering to prepare Protection first). Of course if you can find another player to stay with you for support, you'll find it far easier to stay alive (and sane). Or if you have Necromancy you can cast Horrific Beast and your heath will regenerate at 2hp/s.

What I did was walk around Haven with a self repairing shield (3+) and attack Hinds, until I had 8 attacking me.  My healing macro was set and running.  When I reached 80-85 parry, I switched to spellbinders (don't use Zombies, they are way too slow).  After a couple of hours, I was at 120 Parry...!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The easiest way to gain Parry
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 05:04:02 PM »
+1
Once i got to 90 on skeletons I used masteries to 120.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »
+1
From what I recall, sheep will start out slow until they've gained in skill and maybe dex/stam. After that the gains will come faster.

I've used masteries to gain taming. But I never thought of parry!

Offline vikesrock

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • vikesrock has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »
+1
The easiest way I have found to gain parry is to go to Papua.  South of the bank there is a pen with an Animal vendor.  Go there with a bunch of weapons that are NOT your primary weapon skill, so if I am a swords I take a guy with a bunch of leafblades.  You also need to be neked for this (They will beat the crap out of any armor you are wearing).  Normally, I will bring another account with a mage to heal the guy training and just setup a macro in Razor to have him heal the training guy every 8 seconds or so and then invis.  Next buy a rabbit.  Tell the rabbit to stay and guard you.  Then attack him.  Once you attack him, immediately go from war to peace and release the rabbit.  Now the rabbit should start attacking you.  If he strays off for some reason just re-attack him and then go immediately in to peace mode.

Rinse and repeat this (You will have to wait for a timeout to buy another rabbit) until you have about 15 or so (I have had up to 30 with two mages healing me) rabbits attacking you.  They all do 1 point of damage if they hit you.  I have taken a dude from 0-120 parrying in about an hour or so with this method.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
+1
Just go to Jhelom bull pens. Equip a two-hand weapon that you have no skill with. Attack all of the chickens, sheep, goats etc (Small animals) until you are being attacked from every melee tile around your character.

Wear HPR or use the Bushido confidence spell. Usually takes 2 alacrities to go from 40 to 120.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: