Author Topic: Enhanced Client  (Read 3081 times)

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Enhanced Client
« on: February 17, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »
I got around to thinking about this, and I don't know much about programming.

In the Enhanced Client you can do something that you can't in the 2d client. Example:

You have greater heal precasted. Someone then poisons you. You can drink a cure pot, and still have the greater heal cursor up.

In 2d client if you tried this it would cancel out the spell.

So I was wondering, does this mean that this action is client side? If so, is there a way to alter it in the 2d client?

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: Enhanced Client
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Interesting.  I know there are alot of things you can do in the enhanced client that aren't possible in the 2d client.  The idea of porting them over on the 2d client is quite interesting and something I never really thought of.  Assuming that the check for it is client side then I don't see why someone couldn't find that gap and make the change...

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:42:17 AM »
If I could get my hands on the source code for Razor I am quite sure these are tons you can do with classic.  When Zippy I think it was quit working on Razor he stated he was giving the source to certain people but wont release it due to the fact that it does have the power to do things that are complete cheating.  This is along the post I made in the Elite section about things that were possible, its now proven with that post on the Razor boards. 

Might want to ressurect that post in Elite and find some people dedicated to try...
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 04:47:18 AM »
It's probly client specific guys.  Just consideirng it off the top of my head, they are different clients, and I wouldn't think it would be hard to add that functionality server side for one client and not the other...  just a flag I'm guessing... Or maybe a side effect of being a different client... something they forgot to add, like a check to make sure you weren't casting a spell server side before drinking a pot and cancelling the cursor... I don't think it's possible to edit the client for things like range checks on spells... that would have been done by now... and I'm ASSUMING that most targetting gets checked by the server in some way or there would have been TONS of targetting hacks years ago. :)

Tags: