Author Topic: move command causes barding attempt  (Read 3084 times)

Offline SinbadSailingTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SinbadSailing has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
move command causes barding attempt
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:29:20 AM »
I am having an issue that the 'move' command causes my character to attempt to use a (seemingly random) barding skill and he never actually moves. I first ran into this issue trying to use Crome969's Doom artisan, but even a simple script with only

set %newx #charposx + 2
    set %newy #charposy + 2
    move %newx %newy 0 4s
    halt

has the same issue. A target is never chosen, the skill is essentially just spammed so I get repeated system messages saying you must wait a few moments to use another skill.

I did some experimenting to try to figure out what triggers each particular barding skill, but I couldn't find a pattern among the following:which skill was used last, which direction my character is facing, what type of item I had set as last target, whether or not the skill buttons are on screen.

Running easyuo as administrator
Connecting to UO with UOSteam
Shard: Six feet under

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: move command causes barding attempt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:35:42 AM »
Check and see what keys you have assigned to the barding attempt within UO itself using the in-game macro system.  Move uses the default in-game key assignments to move you around, and if you have remapped those keys for any reason, this will mess with the EUO move function and lead to "spammage".  :)

You can also try and use "event pathfind" instead of move to help fix this
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SinbadSailingTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SinbadSailing has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:44:05 AM »
That was it. I had the arrow keys set as hotkeys for barding skills in UOSteam. Thank you.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »
That was it. I had the arrow keys set as hotkeys for barding skills in UOSteam. Thank you.

You bet!  That's the annoying byproduct of the move command.  Sometime it just doesn't work for people because of their own setup and isn't obvious what the problem is.  Thank goodness that others like us have fallen into the same ditch. :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: