Author Topic: Quick question for a Newbie  (Read 2440 times)

Offline AradiaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Aradia has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Quick question for a Newbie
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »
Hello everyone!

First all I would like to say that I've next to no experience scripting. I am looking to start up a shard that has been in the works for a few months with a few friends of mine. We previously had a member of our team attempting to script, and He told me that if for example, if we were to implement a new class system, if we add in any other script involving the class system, that we then have to go through those scripts and edit them, which he did not know how to do.  I am willing to learn as much as I can to do what is necessary to create a properly working set of scripts.

So my question is, how hard would it be to implement a different class system with multiple pre-made scripts such as the ones posted here? I am also looking for people who would be interested in working on a new shard with us. If you have any questions about it, please post here or PM me.

Thank you so much,

Aradia

Scrripty

Re: Quick question for a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »
Not sure these are the types of scripts you're looking for... probly be better for you to ask these kinds of questions on RunUO's website/forum...?  (or whatever type of shard you're running...)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »
plz make a new member intro post in the new member section.  If this was intended as the new member intro, just let us know and we will move it to that section.  I'm sure you will get some responses once the initial steps are taken to introduce yourself to the site.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:04:27 AM »
My apologies. I have posted an introduction in the intros section. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »
My apologies. I have posted an introduction in the intros section. :)

No worries.  Many of us have lots of different programming experience.  I've done a few things with RunUO and scripting in C#, but unfortunately not enough to be very useful.  I've always wanted to start a sub-forum to discuss shard scripting-related topics, but the RunUO guys have that covered pretty well.

Also just assuming you're using RunUO.  Are you using some other emulator?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
we are using RunUO for the emulator.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
Then the best advice i can give you is go ahead and make an account on www.runuo.com and post you shard-scripting questions thier.  As tm said although some of us have runuo scripting experience (server side scripting) we mainly focus on Easyuo.com Scripts here (client side scripting)

Welcome to the side thow.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: