Author Topic: Fully automated tile scanning mining  (Read 3733 times)

Offline BadManiacTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BadManiac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Fully automated tile scanning mining
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
I was working on a mining script before I left, not sure if you guys already have something similar or if there's any interest in it.

What it does is scan tiles and figures out where the mountain wall is, pathfinds to it, mines, and moves to the next 8x8 block. It will follow the edge of the mountain regardless of shape, completely automagically. All you need to do is have a rune marked next to a mountain, it'll recall there, mine until full, recall back and dump ingots. I think it's even got smelt on beetle support. But it's far from finished, a lot of hardcoded stuff that I used for testing and so on.

Is this something the community here would be interested in? Has it been done already? Mainly talking to the resident scripters since you need to be able to read and understand the script to make use of it in it's current shape.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fully automated tile scanning mining
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32:42 PM »
Put it on up. I would be interested in trying it out and tearing it apart to look at the code also.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
sounds like a winner here.. does it move to the next resource grid when its all mined out?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »
Yes, it moves 8 tiles away, along the wall, and continues mining.

I'll dig up the code and post it. It's been a while :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »
I can't find it for the life of me. God knows. I found some early test scripts when I was developing and prototyping it.

Basically what it does is check each 8x8 block by tile scanning a "strip" or line of 8 tiles in both X and Y directions. It looks for "impassable rock" tiles.

So if it either starts on "impassable rock, and then a few tiles later finds grass, or starts on grass (or whatever) and then finds "impassable rock", it figures out which way the wall is facing. And since it scans both X and Y, it can get all four cardinal directions. Then once that resource grid is mined dry, it follows the wall along and scans the next resource grid in the same way.

Now, if it DOESN'T find "impassable rock" in the next resource grid, then obviously the wall turned, so it scans the grids to the sides of the current one and finds out where the wall has gone. If the wall was going north-south, it'll try the resource grids east and west of the current one and vice versa.

It's a bit hard to explain... Sorry. I'll go through my backup drive over the weekend and find it.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »
this sounds like a script I thought about writing but I've never played around with tile scanning and limited time now...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
man id really be interested in seeing the subs that do that........ that is one feature that has been on my todo list for an eternity.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »
I would love to set something like this up in the private mountain hole that I have access to.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
I would love to set something like this up in the private mountain hole that I have access to.

I wonder if thats the same private mountain hole i have access too...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
i have one on fire island created when the landscape changed but i also have one that houses cannot be placed in on malas that is sick.  it is my own private training hole

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 07:31:42 AM »
i have one on fire island created when the landscape changed but i also have one that houses cannot be placed in on malas that is sick.  it is my own private training hole

Got the fire island check
Malas - no houses ... I dont have that
But I do have a small private/no housing, unreachable mountain spot in Tokuno

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:52 AM »

Umm... We should talk trade... Hehe.  I love rare spots

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:20:10 PM »

Umm... We should talk trade... Hehe.  I love rare spots

For sure .. for sure.

Tags: