Author Topic: ENs - House Resource Gatherer  (Read 7437 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
ENs - House Resource Gatherer
« on: July 25, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »
ENs - Resource Gatherer
Version 1.1

Revision Dates: Private - 2/2013,  Public - 9/2020
 Purpose: Harvest/Gather all resources in a house

ABOUT
Objective of this script is Gather/Harvest every resource possible inside a house. The 3rd post lists the current resources that can be harvested.

NOTES
-This script conforms to ENs Fast Script Framework and uses ENs Script Library - standard edition

SETUP
Setp 1 - Download Attached File/s.
Step 2 - Follow Setup Instructions for ENs Standard Library Installation
Step 3 - Setup Script operation (2rd post)

Feedback both negative and positive are defiantly more than welcomed and encouraged.  Same with feature requests .. no guarantee will make it into the code .. but it might.

Disclaimer/Usage License:  See Script for full Details.
(C) 2007 All Rights Reserved JosephAJ
Commercial usage requires written permission from the author

NOTE: My scripts or any derivative of them are *not* for use in other players script/s!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ENs - ResourceGatherer.txt
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:08:20 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - House Resource Gatherer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
Instructions:

In Order for the script to work you must use the given commands below to create a path around your house.    In my testing I would "leave house" and use that spot as my starting point.

Modify the Sub mainloop  with your custom code.

Movement commands:
call %ENs_Subs_Rails    ENs_Walk   <direction>  <count>
   direction =  N, S, E, W, NE, SE, SW, NW  
    Count = number of spaces to move.
    You can repeat <direction>  <count> as many as needed on a single line
    eg walk in a square...   call %ENs_Subs_Rails    ENs_Walk   N 4 E 4 S 4 W 4

call %ENs_Subs_Rails    ENs_WaitForHouseTeleport
   wait for a teleport to move you
call %ENs_Subs_Rails    ENs_OpenDoor             <doorid>
   Pass the door id you wish to open.  

Harvest Command:
call %ENs_Subs_Resource ENs_House_Harvest    <harvestname>
   <Harvestname> can be one or more of the following:
        FruitTrees  ShipPainting  FirePainting BarrelSponge GemCart GrapeVines  BlessedStatue
        BeeHives TreeStumps SheepStatue SmugglersToolBox RoseOfTrinsic FountainOfLife ShardSheilds
        HornOfPlenty Cornicopia  SkullRug  MiningCart   PigOnASpit

Other Commands
call %ENs_Subs_Standard ENs_OpenBags    <bagid> <bagid>
   <bagid> one or more bag/containers you wish to open
call %ENs_Subs_Resource ENs_House_Unload         <bagid>  <harvestname>
   Bagid = id of container
    harvestname =  type of item to unload as be harvest command
    Only one unload per command line.

call %ENs_Subs_TMaps    ENs_Tmap_LockerAddMaps
   While near a Davie locker, will find locker open it and add any maps in backpack.

Notes On designing the Path around your house
Doors - if you have to enter a room and leave by same door you might want to add a wait to make sure door closes before trying to reopen
Unloading  -  Its a good idea to have frequent unloading spots, or have the unloading spot near where you gathered the resources so you don't go overweight.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:21:41 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:27:16 PM by Endless Night »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 07:19:04 AM »
Public Release from my private vaults...   9/16/2020.

Note: I wrote this script over 7 years ago, and I haven't run it in many years due to inactivity.  When I was active I would run this script once a day/week to take care of the needed house resource gathering activities.

Basically this script performs a custom rail around your house, gathering resources.  Ie Enter house, walk to house floor teleport, wait for move, gather some apples, walk 2 4 paces east gather more apples, Drop all gathered apples in container X,  walk south 3 paces east 2 paces  to something else then walk do walk do.. until you have done all your chores.

If you have inter-house teleport tiles, you could gather from many houses in one go  (assuming you have permissions set).

If you have any questions, feature requests etc ask away....

Enjoy EN
Ps its worth the pain of setting up my script framework.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 08:19:52 AM »
EN,

I should be able to run the House Gathering Scrpt today or tommorow.  I ran it for a little bit today, but had a problem with the script not allowing the character to go up stairs? I have a castle that has 1 staircase on the first floor and 2 staircases on 2 going to 3 and on level 3 going to the roof.  I am trying a different method of putting 2 house teleporters on every floor (one for up from the floor below the other up to the next level -- the roof will have one returning to the first floor porch area.). I have placed one in the west corner and the other in the east corner, so that hopefully my toon will be able to walk the full square/rectangle.  This method is not a cheap method. Is it the best? and only method that will work?

I am assuming that I do not need to run the petal picker any more by itself, if I am using this script?

How far is the reach for the toon to look in containers, etc. 9? I have not worked with making rails before, so I may struggle setting the script up.
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 11:58:52 AM »
EN,

I should be able to run the House Gathering Scrpt today or tommorow.  I ran it for a little bit today, but had a problem with the script not allowing the character to go up stairs? I have a castle that has 1 staircase on the first floor and 2 staircases on 2 going to 3 and on level 3 going to the roof.  I am trying a different method of putting 2 house teleporters on every floor (one for up from the floor below the other up to the next level -- the roof will have one returning to the first floor porch area.). I have placed one in the west corner and the other in the east corner, so that hopefully my toon will be able to walk the full square/rectangle.  This method is not a cheap method. Is it the best? and only method that will work?

I am assuming that I do not need to run the petal picker any more by itself, if I am using this script?

How far is the reach for the toon to look in containers, etc. 9? I have not worked with making rails before, so I may struggle setting the script up.

The script should have zero issues walking up stairs.   Just use your number pad or arrow keys to move your character around and write that down.   Ie if char is standing at bottom of stairs to go to the top you must go north one step 5 times then turn east and take 3 steps...  the rail would be N 5  E 3 ,  write that in the movement part of your script.

And you can use the free or near free house teleport tiles that come in the house designer tool to move between floors or however you want,   you dont need the expensive teleport tiles that are addons.

Cheap free teleports, inside one house only: getting upstairs section: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/house-owning-2-building-a-custom-house/
https://forum.uo.com/discussion/440/how-does-custom-house-teleporter-tiles-work-with-the-editor
https://www.uoforum.com/threads/custom-housing-and-teleporters.57791/

Expensive teleports, works across houses: https://www.uoguide.com/House_Teleportation_Tile

Script has zero problems looking in containers,  just pass the container id in the script.  And yes if you use this script to harvest of rose of trinsic petals you don't need to run another script to harvest them.

example rail script, from what you wrote above, fillin the ids,etc as needed:
call %ENs_Subs_Rails       ENs_Walk                N 5 E 3              ; going up stairs maybe
call %ENs_Subs_Standard ENs_OpenBags         <BagID>           ;  open a container
call %ENs_Subs_Resource ENs_House_Harvest  RoseOfTrinsic     ; Harvest rose of trinsic
call %ENs_Subs_Rails       ENs_Walk                 N 5                    ; Walk to unload bag
call %ENs_Subs_Resource ENs_House_Unload   <unloadbagid>  RoseOfTRinsic  ;  unload the picked rose of trinsic.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:09:51 PM by Endless Night »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 06:51:36 AM »
Not sure if the script automatically moves to a container provided (I think when i was trying to set it up I was setting up the rail to walk to the container myself, then back to resume collection), but your character needs to be within 2 tiles of a container to be able to access it.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 08:06:46 AM »
Not sure if the script automatically moves to a container provided (I think when i was trying to set it up I was setting up the rail to walk to the container myself, then back to resume collection), but your character needs to be within 2 tiles of a container to be able to access it.

Gaderian

Correct,  this script is more of a script framework, it doesn't automatically move to anything.  It provides you with all the tools needed to create your own custom script specific to your circumstances.  By looking at the provided example you can quickly construct your own custom script specific to your wants that will walk around the your house and do what you want it to do.

I guess I could have written a creation section to output the custom code for you but doing it yourself will help you understand whats going on and have complete control.

Start small.... leave your house via context menu,  then using arrow keys on keyboard write down number and direction of steps needed to get to first harvest stop.  Record that in your script .. leave house and play your script... it should do the walk then you can add more movement and harvesting options.

I think its pretty simple ?? 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:13:33 AM by Endless Night »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 12:46:51 AM »
And I failed to get it to navigate stairs in the pre-fabricated new castle type. I decided the teleporters were the only way to get it to work.

I do like the flexibility of writing the script.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
And I failed to get it to navigate stairs in the pre-fabricated new castle type. I decided the teleporters were the only way to get it to work.

I do like the flexibility of writing the script.

Gaderian

I haven't experienced these stairs .. are they different in someway... 

Tags: