Author Topic: I'm cutting the cord...at least most of it anyway...  (Read 28937 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I'm cutting the cord...at least most of it anyway...
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2016, 06:40:55 AM »
just find this today TheFlixTerminal

http://smartblurbz.com/millions-of-americans-are-cancelling-netflix-because-of-this-1-site-b-2/?state=Quebec&country=Canada&utm_campaign=mov&utm_source=yg&utm_medium=nat&utm_term=nat_c&utm_content=31693090981&sxid=id425s2ny0ff

At almost $50 a month I don't think so.  And to cancel you have to Email or call them takes 72hrs to process ie 3 days......  So sign up for 5 day trial oain to cancel (online sign up why not online cancel)   bam $50 charge classic bait and switch....  good luck on that one not for me but let us know if the movie selection is good or in anyway actually worth it......... https://members.theflixterminal.com/client/unsubscribe/faqs
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2016, 09:41:08 AM »
After doing a lot more digging Find out the host is from Spain on a short lease.

Here what the wife find out.
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/flixterminal.com.   

Ok so that not really a good way to go.   Thx for the head up EN

Offline hrs024

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hrs024 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »
i dont remember the last time iv rented or watched a movie or tv show on cable or in theaters you can find anything on the world wide web

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
I had to kinda give up on the cord cutting idea for the time being.  Where my house is presently situated, I get really no good reception of local channels.  So without those, it's hard to build the basis of a good replacement.  

I'm changing up my infrastructure though.  With the new TiVos, you can share one box amongst several TVs without incurring more than 1 monthly payment.  So I'm just trimming my cable access to the basics, and getting rid of my excess TiVos.  So only have one modern box, cablecard/tuning adapter and share 6 tuners with all the TVs in my house.

I had to do something anyhow because Cox just went all-digital so that my older non-cablecard TiVo no longer works.  Sad day - that was my lifetime subscription box.

I've actually been thinking about Dish TV as well.  The cost of cable has just been going up at lightning speed, so I really want to wave goodbye to Cox and there constant need to fill their vat of cash directly from my bank account.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:13:53 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »
I had to kinda give up on the cord cutting idea for the time being.  Where my house is presently situated, I get really no good reception of local channels.  So without those, it's hard to build the basis of a good replacement.  
I've been extremely satisfied so far and I haven't even attempted to pull "broadcast" channels yet. Even without those it has been totally worth it for me. I don't ever watch local news anyhow, I get it online, and so far every show anyone has cared to watch has been accomodated with streaming solutions - namely Hulu for current content.

CBS Sports app did a fine job for the Superbowl :)

I did pick up an antenna but haven't set it up yet to see what I will pull for channels, I've been planning on it (obviously, or I wouldn't have bought it) but I haven't really been missing anything so it's been a low priority.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2016, 08:30:07 PM »
I've actually been thinking about Dish TV as well.  The cost of cable has just been going up at lightning speed, so I really want to wave goodbye to Cox and there constant need to fill their vat of cash directly from my bank account.

I've heard some absolute horror stories about dish and direct tv with constant billing errors and customer service. That being said, they have The Tailgater (portable for campers) which automatically scans for signal and is supposed to hook on to your existing account. I was thinking that could be something maybe 2 families could share and split the price.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »

I did pick up an antenna but haven't set it up yet to see what I will pull for channels, I've been planning on it (obviously, or I wouldn't have bought it) but I haven't really been missing anything so it's been a low priority.

X

I've got an antenna and it's a real pain now with winter. The wind has blown it out of adjustment so I lost my fav channel but I did pick up 4 more.

It took a while to adjust but I don't even miss tv. I mainly just use it as a nightlight. You can go to antennapoint.com and see what stations you can get and where to point it.

Last month was our 1st month on the new data cap and I used 298GB. That's 1 desktop that I share with my kid for uo/minecraft and his youtube enjoyment. My other kid uses a laptop and I hooked my phone to use my cables wifi. I did watch 1 movie last month. That seems a little excessive on data usage to me considering I don't DL anything now and I've almost stopped watching shows...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:45:50 PM by bodfather »

Offline hrs024

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hrs024 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:13 AM »
i just google whatever i want to watch and i can usually find it, and my mother has directtv and now every station has a online streaming that only requires a username or passwrod from local cable companies and you get bascally full service its crazy

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2016, 12:37:07 PM »
I have an Unlocked firestick.. and that streams just about everything PPR/all networks, even live sports

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »
I had a decision to make when the Over the Air channels in my area were turned off. I could still get them for free but I have to sign up for an account with my cable provider and attach one of their "smart" boxes to my TV to unscramble the channels. All of that would still be free, except I would need to provide personal info to them, maintain an account(ie:get spammed) and what the word 'smart' really means is being recorded. Samsung putting a warning not to talk about sensitive things near your TV was enough for me. TV cord cut, permanently. Netflix it is.

Tags: