Author Topic: Just taking a moment  (Read 2460 times)

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Just taking a moment
« on: November 05, 2008, 02:23:03 PM »
Just taking a moment to say hi. I admit to being more of a lurker in the woods type of person, but hey every now and then ya just got to break with tradition. or maybe i just want to be able to download stuff. At least i am honest about it though.

peace ;D
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Just taking a moment
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »
Well we do appreciate your honesty.  Hopefully you'll like what you find or at least find it useful.  If not, then there's enough off-topic yada yada to enjoy a morning cup-o-coffee with.

Welcome from the shadows; I used to be a lurker myself.  But the warming sun feels good on the skin.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
i will admit i like your program, just checked a lot of my scripts.  Here a brace missing, there a brace missing, no returns. god i really suck. good thing your syntax checker dosen't.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
i will admit i like your program, just checked a lot of my scripts.  Here a brace missing, there a brace missing, no returns. god i really suck. good thing your syntax checker dosen't.

Well thanks for that. 

The nice thing about the syntax checker is it's actually running your code with the interpreter, but it just doesn't loop your code.  So it will also catch errors like unknown arguments for STR, MENU, etc. 

It can't catch everything since some bugs are runtime, but people are often amazed at the number of bugs in their code that they've just gotten used to living with or just worked around.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: