Author Topic: I'd like some input  (Read 3454 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
I'd like some input
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
So i have a character on Siege with the following template

Cap         Current
110   100      Magery
100   100      Hiding
120   100      Vet
120   90      Animal Taming
120   100      Animal Lore
120   100      Peace
120   100      Music

810   690   

My overall cap is 720. So if you used jewels to fill it out what would you imbue on ring and bracelet and where would you put the other 30 points.
Human

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like some input
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
Well, if you're going to be a tamer might as well put 30 there.  I'd max out magery to 110.  Maybe put the rest on Peace. 

You certainly don't need it in Vet, Music, Hiding.  Perhaps Lore if not Peace.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
Well remember i also have at least 100 points on the jewels.

oops and i just got a blessed +15 mage spell book
so things have changed

(also not looking forward to 90 - 120 taming for no reason).

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »
All I used to play was a tamer but I hardly log on my tamer these days and certaintly don't use my tamer for hunting.

Even though I don't play my tamer it was all I used to play so I'll chime in anyways. I would put Discordance and Provocation over Peacemaking.

Peacemaking doesn't buy you much more time than you would be able to gather breaking aggro with invisibility. Against weaker monsters Peacemaking last a fair amount of time and makes it worthwhile but against high end monsters the peace often fails and the duration of the success isn't worth it.

Discordance is arguably the most powerful skill in the game. I think a Discord Tamer is a solid template.

The Provocateur Tamer is also strong as you can solo the twisted weald on that template. Alwasy 120 on all the music skills just make sure you keep music at 100 when training the other 3 (Discordance, Peacemaking, Provocation) and train 120 Musicianship last.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
Discordance is arguably the most powerful skill in the game. I think a Discord Tamer is a solid template.

100% agree. Very under-rated skill. I have a character that I use just for Doom that's a disco mystic. Works great.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:09 PM »
That's the thing with the introduction of Mysticism and the Rising Collosus spell it's hard to justify lugging around pets. The fact that they made a summon like the RoC so powerful in a way makes the tamer template/pets more cumbersome.

Most scenerios I can think of bringing a tamer to I think to myself it's more convenient just bring my Bard/Mystic.

Sorry Gimlet...don't mean to rain on your parade.

Tamers kinda of got screw'd with the introduction of Mysticism. A few years ago there were threads on stratics bashing the Trammelites for always bringing their tamers and Greater Dragons to whoop buttox on Peerless and Champion Spawns.

People were irate with the tamers because they were uber powerful with their pets.  ::)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »
Wouldn't the Taming skill level also depend on the type of animal you plan to control while fighting?  I have been out of the game for awhile but it was my understanding before that if you are wanting to use a Greater Dragon then you really need to have that 120 Taming?

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »
Wouldn't the Taming skill level also depend on the type of animal you plan to control while fighting?  I have been out of the game for awhile but it was my understanding before that if you are wanting to use a Greater Dragon then you really need to have that 120 Taming?

Yes - but 120 tame with jewels = 120 tame real skill (i think)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »
Correct.  Jewels = real for taming.  Even for stable slots.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 10:58:20 AM »
Its a shame its on siege, cause I gots an easy way to raise taming using bulls and a soulstone.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »
Its a shame its on siege, cause I gots an easy way to raise taming using bulls and a soulstone.

More details please?
(or pm me)

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
pm sent
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: