Author Topic: Updated Introduction!  (Read 622 times)

Offline AnvilTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Updated Introduction!
« on: December 24, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
Hello,

Returning for another try. I have updated my introduction and as per Mr. Myx's instructions:

Updating your introduction

If you update your introduction after a first failed attempt, please post in the same thread that you have updated it and would like us to have a looksie.  If you just edit your post without re-posting in the thread, we won't know you've updated it.  Any attitude or impatience will probably just lead to delays, so be cordial.  (and in one instance attitude lead to banning...)

Thanks,

Anvil

Well let's see here,

I started UO back in 1999, when a co-worker introduced me to the game. Ultima Online is one of the greatest MMORPG's that's ever existed. Back then things were different than today. It wasn't friendly, it wasn't easy, but it was one of the best times a lot of people including myself had with an online game. I've been revisiting old memories, looking into custom shards and seeing what's out there.. every so often I get the urge to play. This time around I thought.. why not make a fresh account and start all the way over. I know there has to be plenty of others out there like myself missing the experience we had back then.

I work for an aerospace company as an industrial electrical maintenance mechanic with 10 years tenure and 25 years experience.  We use DCS that are very similar to writing scripts in UO. Shortly after starting UO, I learned about this fantastic world of writing code in video games. I was instantly hooked and wanted to write my own scripts.
Also, I enjoy mulling through older scripts and resurrecting them when/if possible.
Hopefully there is something in here for me to learn and improve my writing skill.

Mainly play on Atlantic, Origin, Baja and Atlantic. I have characters on all shards to fetch holiday gifts that have been sitting in banks for years on end collecting dust! 90% of my time in UO is spent soloing peerless and trying to perfect my suit(s). I also enjoy crafting and home decorating. I used to prebuild houses and sell them for gold. This time around I will likely continue hunting peerless and putting together public peerless groups. Basically farm keys and invite a full group to mob the boss for kicks and a chance at some loot!

I look forward to hanging out a while!   :angel:

Anvil

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Introduction!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 12:28:45 PM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your expanded introduction - restricted status lifted - we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline AnvilTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 12:29:57 PM »
Thank you Gimlet!

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 08:10:31 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: