Author Topic: Hi im shake  (Read 4176 times)

Offline doorcheeseTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • doorcheese has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi im shake
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »
Hi im shake. I would like to join so i can test out some idoc running scripts. Im a pvper but i quit uo awhile ago. I just recently came back and I am very poor. I would like to get an idoc script running so i can make some cash and find a nice house spot. Please if you could hook me up I would much appreciate. Thanks
-Shake

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi im shake
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
Thank you for your application,  sadly at this time all the idocs scripts have been fully tested and are 100% operational,  so regretfully your testing services are not currently needed.  I will keep you application on file (ie trashcan) incase at a future date we need another idoc script tester being as people with your rare skills are extremly hard to find.

Thank you for your time sorry we couldnt Hook you up, but im hoping a slap down would be acceptable instead.

Cheers EN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
On a serious note .. my fellow mods would ban me if i approved an intro that was all leech and no content.. please read the sticked intros to get a better idea of what it takes to enter these gates.  (At a min I expected longer than this response)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »
Thank you for your application,  sadly at this time all the idocs scripts have been fully tested and are 100% operational,  so regretfully your testing services are not currently needed.  I will keep you application on file (ie trashcan) incase at a future date we need another idoc script tester being as people with your rare skills are extremly hard to find.

Thank you for your time sorry we couldnt Hook you up, but im hoping a slap down would be acceptable instead.

Cheers EN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
On a serious note .. my fellow mods would ban me if i approved an intro that was all leech and no content.. please read the sticked intros to get a better idea of what it takes to enter these gates.  (At a min I expected longer than this response)

:D :D  EN!  :D :D

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:26 PM »
I hear www.easyuo.com has plenty of scripts and is completely open to anyone, no matter how little they want to give back to the community. They don't even require any effort put forth to join their forums!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:23:30 PM »
They don't even require a 1 paragraph introduction.

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
**** yourself
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »
I asked nicely to join, but no.
Some nerd with an ego doesnt want to share an easy uo script.

Post Merge: August 25, 2012, 06:59:19 AM
There is no reason to be shitty towards me for asking to join?
Saying your going to slap me down?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:02:51 AM by Endless Night »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: **** yourself
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »

Post Merge: August 25, 2012, 04:59:19 AM

Editted you topic word..... as we dont use that language here.   Also merger the 2 threads.

I guess satire is a lost art.  Re-read my response to your Intro .. Noting words 'On a serious note'.. and instructions for submitting a intro post that is acceptable.  The aim was not to offend but to amuse and highlight the requirements needed.

If you do not wish to become a member that is entirely fine, if you do read the introduction requirements.  Submit an acceptable intro.. thier are plenty of examples .. their are plenty of instructions.  

It was your choice to submit an introduction that was light on content, you have a chance to rectify it, but i have to tell you your above response is not helping your case in any form.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:23:39 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
C'mon Doorcheese....Lose the 'tude, and join us yo.  By the way, you play UO so you a nerd too.

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 08:33:39 AM »
The sarcasm is not funny or clever. Its just rude. Is this how potental members are treated? Im obviously not trying to be a tester.
If my intro was brief, it is because not all servers allow scripting.

Instead of being rude, you could say "tell us some more about yourself".

Im not here to stroke anyones ego.
I didnt understand how strict the requirements might be, but thats no reason to ever disrepect someone you dont know.

That being said.
Im Shake. I have played uo since it came out. I quit for a long time but decieded to play again on some free servers. Im not that great at scripting but felt like trying a few of them. I appreciate the hard work the scripters have done to share thier work. But then again its just a simple script for a game thats really old and no one cares about. Your not actually helping people so no reason to get a big head about it.
Sec lemme add some more description

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 08:41:31 AM »
The fact of the matter is this, after thousands of peeps have written intro's just like yours, the whole one sentence intro gets old.  So, some peeps from this site, added stickies of really great intro's and put the info in more than one place about what it takes to join this here community.  yet, for some reason you decided that your somehow special, and tried going about it all wrong.  you aren't the first and unfortunately not the last to go down the wrong road.  And if the attitude you have is continued, you won't be missed here.

Cheers,
  Xander

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 08:44:48 AM »
Some more info about me inside and outside of the game

Outside of game im 26 im an ac tech and energy efficency expert. I have my own small company doing energy saving products ie attic insulation, duct work sealing. This saves people money on thier electricty bill.

Inside the game im a pk, pvper. I was pretty damn good. Now a days im pretty rusty, have little gear. But alot of people recognise me and try to hook me up with gear to see me get back to my former glory. I have won alot of Aos 1v1 tournys. I was ranked #1 duelist on demise for like the first 5 years. Nothing too serious.

I probably seem like a jerk, because you have brought that out of me. But i have been helping people in uo for years. I have alot of followers internationaly.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »
Your an adult great, this make it easier. Stop walk away. Reread this thread tommorrow. Consider what you want to achive and how your going about doing it. Take whatever action you think is appropriate to achive that goal.

This is of couse just advise, but considering im one of the 'Nerdy script hoarding egotisacal' gate keeper you might want to consider it.

Hurricane Isaac is knocking so I'm outa here....... good luck

EDIT: Being as this thread probably will get sticked as an example of chooseing the hard way to gain entrance... potential members take note submit an acceptable intro the first time when admittance standards are low.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:37:26 AM by Endless Night »

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
*Derail* EN don't get swept away!! look out for flying debris.........

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
Re: **** yourself
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »

Post Merge: August 25, 2012, 06:59:19 AM

****POOF***

Bye-bye
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
The sarcasm is not funny or clever. Its just rude. Is this how potental members are treated?

I'm sorry, did I miss the part in your meager introduction that highlighted this "potential"?

Some more info about me inside and outside of the game

Outside of game im 26 im an ac tech and energy efficency expert. I have my own small company doing energy saving products ie attic insulation, duct work sealing. This saves people money on thier electricty bill.

Inside the game im a pk, pvper. I was pretty damn good. Now a days im pretty rusty, have little gear. But alot of people recognise me and try to hook me up with gear to see me get back to my former glory. I have won alot of Aos 1v1 tournys. I was ranked #1 duelist on demise for like the first 5 years. Nothing too serious.

I probably seem like a jerk, because you have brought that out of me. But i have been helping people in uo for years. I have alot of followers internationaly.

I guess we failed to immediately recognize his eliteness and it brought out the inner ego-masturbating (note how he isn't "here to stroke our egos" but seems to be stroking/fixing his own) child in him. This just seems to be a desperate cry for some sort of attention and acceptance. Also I love how he refers to UO as a small game no one cares about, when he is the one "getting back into it" and is the one attempting to boast his ego over.

(1)Im not that great at scripting but felt like trying a few of them. (2)I appreciate the hard work the scripters have done to share thier work. (1)But then again its just a simple script for a game thats really old and no one cares about. (2)Your not actually helping people so no reason to get a big head about it.

I'm sorry, he came here for access to our communities scripts, right? Sounds to me like these "simple scripts" are something he should have no problem whipping up on his own, but then again I'm sure that one of his many faithful international followers can do that for him as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:47:34 AM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: