Author Topic: Hi. my name is George. Give me free stuff...  (Read 1575 times)

Offline XysterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Xyster has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi. my name is George. Give me free stuff...
« on: October 06, 2013, 02:34:44 AM »
 Sorry for the crappy subject. Its late/early and seemed semi funny at this hour. Sleep deprivation is almost as good as Yukon Jack sometimes.
 As for an introduction... Hrmm. I'm old. Kind of slow. Been playing games for many many years. Much to my wife's dismay, I refuse to grow up any farther and am actively seeking to regress in that regard. Back a few years ago, I was given a copy of Ultima Online for my birthday. This was before I actually owned a computer. I used it as an excuse to buy my first computer and life has never been the same...
 I played on Chessy for a long time. Loved it... Had no clue how really terrible I was at it. Eventually learned that I could make a blacksmith and pound out shields and sell em for cash to finance my other failed but well funded characters. I worked really hard to get my food pellet out of that particular skinner box. (trust me, that was funny..)
 Finally got sick of it and followed some friends to this other mistake of programming called Everquest. *shudder* Yeah, played that for a few years... Came back to Ultima Online eventually. Was once again lured away for Shadowbane, came back to UO quickly... Dark age of something or other was also short lived and back to UO I came. I proceeded to waste several years on Warcraft. Quit, something new would come out, play for a month, got bored, quit, rinse and repeat.
 The only solid game I have kept coming back to is Ultima Online... Go figure. If I try to tell any of my friends about it, they look at me like I am slightly insane. If I show them screen shots, they only laugh. *Shrug*
 Each time I have returned I spend a lot of time relearning all the new things and old things with totally new rules, new land masses etc.
I have used other script programs in the past and have a somewhat limited ability to trouble shoot the scripts but not really to write my own other than super basic stuff. I seem to have a knack for pulling bits from a few things and making my own scripts function, not well but function. =)
 The only real script I use constantly is one that slaps a bandaid on me when I need it and bitches at me when I am getting low... Otherwise I do most things the hard way.
 What I am looking for is anything that might make life in UO a little easier or maybe furthering my coding skills so that I can generate my own work saving food pellet dispenser...
 As for what I play... 90% of the time I am on my archer/mage/fisherman... If I get bored with fishing, I trade in fishing on a soul stone for something more useful and go hunting. But alas, the call of the sea and MiBs usually get me back on a ship pretty quickly.

Have a most pleasant morning! I need a nap... GNight. *wave*

*snoring quietly in the back ground*

*Name edited out to protect the guilty*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:28:31 PM by Xyster »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi. my name is George. Give me free stuff...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:09:07 AM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status is lifted...have a look around, and enjoy!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:10:34 AM »
Hey, good intro.. A mod should lift your status soon. T2 works too fast!

Word of advise: EasyUO is illegal and bannable by association. With that said, sharing your home servers is okay, but in the interest of self preservation you should avoid posting your character names.

Good luck with your future endeavors here at ScriptUO :>

o7

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline XysterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Xyster has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 01:44:58 PM »
Thanks dxrom for the name tip.
FYI I have not played on an OSI server in many a year.
This game has almost become therapy for me. Seriously...
You may find me manually mining along some mountain and dropping the ore on the ground.
I might smelt a pile if I need more shovels but otherwise... Just therapy.
After a while I simply forget the rest of the day and relax.

Tags: