Author Topic: Time to take the plunge  (Read 12369 times)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Time to take the plunge
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53:33 AM »
feel free to ask , show samples.. Would be glad if i can help out:)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
Is thier alot of diference between C# and C programming and if so what are the most extreme situations? I am thinking I need to get back up to speed but have not had the time but should be able to have some time in Jan of 2013 so thinking ahead and also hijacking 12x^ thread :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »
There's enough similarities with the syntax, but there are lots of data constructs that are totally different.  What do you mean by "extreme"?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 08:42:05 AM »
I read your post again an I think I know what you are talking about by "extreme".  C is a very lightweight compiled language with all kinds of ways to hang yourself with memory allocation, type casts, etc.  C# is a strictly object-oriented and strictly type-enforced "interpreted" language.  Yes yes, it's not interpreted directly, but uses an "intermediate language, or IL" to convert from C# to IL.  Everything is an object, so you can manage items as objects with lists, dictionaries, stacks, etc.  It's pretty cool IMHO.  There's LOTS of other differences I'm sure some other people can expand upon.  Get yourself a cheap C# book and check it out.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
I read your post again an I think I know what you are talking about by "extreme".  C is a very lightweight compiled language with all kinds of ways to hang yourself with memory allocation, type casts, etc.  C# is a strictly object-oriented and strictly type-enforced "interpreted" language.  Yes yes, it's not interpreted directly, but uses an "intermediate language, or IL" to convert from C# to IL.  Everything is an object, so you can manage items as objects with lists, dictionaries, stacks, etc.  It's pretty cool IMHO.  There's LOTS of other differences I'm sure some other people can expand upon.  Get yourself a cheap C# book and check it out.

There are very good openbooks i think on web. i myself used http://openbook.galileocomputing.de/csharp/ Too bad it is in German... But there are alot of powerfull guides out there.

I never used C or c++ but think Delphi is similar to it and (yeah i know this isnt a stealth thread ^^) Pascal uses Delphi stuff. But never toyed with C , c++ so maybe other people could give more advices.

Or if you bored learn java ;D

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »

There are very good openbooks i think on web. i myself used http://openbook.galileocomputing.de/csharp/ Too bad it is in German... But there are alot of powerfull guides out there.

I never used C or c++ but think Delphi is similar to it and (yeah i know this isnt a stealth thread ^^) Pascal uses Delphi stuff. But never toyed with C , c++ so maybe other people could give more advices.

Or if you bored learn java ;D

I have programmed in Turbo Pascal back in the late 80's but it has been some time since I messed with it.

Tags: