Casa de TrailMyx > Home Entertainment PCs

TrailMyx's VOB file Joiner

(1/7) > >>

TrailMyx:
So I've been converting my entire DVD collection over to my windows media PC.  There are many disk that have their various chapters spread out across many files, so I wanted to be able to compress selected .VOB files into one contiguous one.  There are a couple utilities that do this, but they suck pretty bad.

So I decided to write one myself.  If you guys think you have the need, please give this a whirl.  It works great for me. 

Enjoy!

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=5

Ultima:
Thanks for uploading this TM I'll test it out on a few movies. Most of my Movies are MKV but there are some VOB files for documentaries and older DVDs I have. This joiner could could prove useful.

I'd love to hook up all my movies to Windows Media Center but most of my movies are big files and I could only load up a fraction. I'm waiting for the HAMR HDDs to start hitting the market. They should top out at 60 Terabytes which but it's going to be a few years.

How are you liking Media Center?

Do you have a remote you use? I was looking googling that yesterday....what the best method for controlling your HTPC so you don't have to get up from the couch. Wireless mouse and keyboard or remote control? Hmm...

TrailMyx:
Right now I'm using a 6TB array and have only ripped around 320 movies and only used a little over 1TB.  I'm a little more than 1/2 done, so I'll be able to easily contain all my DVDs including all my TV series episodes.  I won't be able to do many of the bluerays though.

The only strange function I found with this program is if there is a physical defect on the disk, the program will not recover gracefully.  So you need to let it crash, clean your disk and try again.  My program is about 20% faster than the other ones out there, so at least there is a bit of performance benefit.

I've actually shifted away from Media Center.  There are two others I'm playing with that are very interesting.   12X suggested this one: XBMC.  I really like this one.   It's got a great interface for cover art.  I also am maintaining Plex because it works for both as a windows media app and my Rokus.  Streaming to the Rokus around my house is really awesome.  But they both are WAAAAY faster than windows media server.  At this point, I'm probably going to adopt XBMC.

Actually I'm using windows media + MyMovies to initially create a database and initially download cover-art.  After that, I tweek it with XBMC/Plex for general use.

I have a little dedicated home entertainment PC from Zotac.  I purchased several mouse/keyboard combinations until I found one I really like.  It's got great range and the battery life seems to be OK.  Another great Logitech product.  I really like their Unifying interface.

I'm ripping my movies without compression.  Although I think MKV looks pretty good, I wanted the transfer to be lossless so I can store the DVDs in the garage once and for all.  I may take my images and further compress them with Handbrake, and use my drive as the master backup so I can hold more.  But at this point, the 6TB drive will more than allow for most of my collection.

Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on July 02, 2012, 07:23:48 AM ---
I'm ripping my movies without compression.  Although I think MKV looks pretty good, I wanted the transfer to be lossless so I can store the DVDs in the garage once and for all.

--- End quote ---

I've done the exact same thing.  I have around 600 DVDs and currently 81 Blu-Rays.  I've been ripping the DVDs for about 5 years now.  I would buy it, rip-it and never touch the actual disc again.  Pretty handy for keeping kid's DVDs in good shape.

Your program sounds pretty good.  I'll have to give it a try. 

dxrom:
I love XBMC... I have been using the softmod version of it since Highschool when I softmodded my original xbox. 360 aint got *bleep* on originals!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version