Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 168650 times)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2008, 07:36:38 AM »
You want to go toe to toe with him :P

Was it the spells that killed you of his or his poison/meele?  If you don't run parry you don't have the option of spamming evade until you leech all his mana away which sucks.  You have to make sure you honor him also, if you don't honor him you are missing out on a HUGE damage bonus.

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »
ok  i think the poison is what got me. and i was useing a shield with bushido/ parry. and a i wasn't spamming evade.  i' ll make these ajustments and see what happens. thanks guys for all the help

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »
useing a shield with bushido/ parry

Bushido + Parry = NO SHIELD! you get all your parry defense from your weapon. You slip back to having almost NO parry when you use a shield.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
Jeesh, at least you made it to DH Bullmoose, I got my clock cleaned no less than 6 times just trying to get the keys LOL.

Haven't tried again since then, figured I'd better make some changes to something first.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »

Was it the spells that killed you of his or his poison/meele?  If you don't run parry you don't have the option of spamming evade until you leech all his mana away which sucks.  You have to make sure you honor him also, if you don't honor him you are missing out on a HUGE damage bonus.

Theres still a wait timer on evade thou right? Or am i missing something here?
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »
Ok my big ???? is I finally found a +25 stat scroll my Stat are Str  113 Dex 115 Inell 37 with 71 mana. Where do i put the extra 5 points.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:11:35 PM by Bullmoose »

Offline natnat

• Activity:
    0%
  • natnat has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
So I'm building a Sammy and a Whammy on two different characters, and a Whammy for my son, but I've played almost ten years of UO purely as a mage or a thief.

As it gets closer I get nervous just thinking about trying to run one of these new guys.  I'm gonna be nervous, like a little leaguer thrown into the big leagues LOL!

Any detailed technique info would be greatly appreciated. You guys speaking back and forth know ALL your abbreviations and I get lost in quite a bit of the technique discussions, although I can follow the building and arming just fine.

Some specifics about DH have been helpful, but its actually the very simple stuff I need, what macros to have prepped, what scripts do you use, what to do before starting, as starting for health, etc.  I know this is a wide scope question, so any advice or links for this poor mage will be greatly appreciated.

One good q is what should I start practicing with, to fight?

By the way, its been the reading of your posts that inspired me that I'm missing out on a lot of fun!

Thx all!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2008, 05:07:41 PM »
I used paragon cu's as my "final exam". Once I could take them out I knew I was ready.

Personally... I use a one-handed weapon and take about 100 TR pots with me. A simple macro to drink a TR when my stamina goes below 90 will keep me swinging full speed.

Make sure you KEEP SWINGING! If you slow down that means you not leeching hp's as much, which means your hps are lower and your slowing down even more. These builds hit to live.

I don't really worry much about the poison. I just leech through it with Curse Weapon.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »
I've played almost ten years of UO purely as a mage

Now this sounds like me. Except I spent most of my UO life as a bard/mage.

I use a Fencer since Hits = Life Leech
my template seems to be the basic wammy
Tactics 115
Fencing 100
Bushido 115
Chivalry 90
Parry 115
Spirit Speak 100
Necro 40

I haven't gotten all the power scrolls I need yet. I defiantly need to get my Fencing up there.
I haven't quite figured out a full suit yet, but he's around 60's and some 70's in Wraith Form.
Any's once I started to actually play with this character I went strait to the ogre lords, I learned the a Slayer Weapon really helps with the leach since more damage = More Life Leech.  Fighting the Ogre Lords became boring real fast since they are slow.  So my Journey Lead me to the lands of Spirituality of Ish.
My warrior headed down the path of Blood Dungeon, there I learned quickly to fight off the Blood Elementals, even with a half decent weapon they became and easy task once I learned about total Refresh and once in a while I needed to use a Greater heal, along with Spirit Speak and Confidence.
but once the Paragon Spawned I just couldn't defeat him.. I was able to get between 50% and 90% of his health down, but he would over power me with paralyze and Flame Strikes.  then I learned about Dart Traps, and Continued to Spam Lighting Strike, Concentrate weapon, oh and the most important Curse Weapon.  Paragon Bloods would take most of my mana, but you regain it fast... I finally pretty much figured out how to take on the paragon Bloods with almost no problem, unless they catch me off guard enemy of one wears out ect.  so far with these few warrior spells I've taking out paragon Blood elementals,  Thrasher (With no other spawn), Swoops, and my next test Cu's then Paragon Cu's.
after that I will learn how to key up the Dread horn.

My Madness Method
First I cast a Familiar Shadow Wisp (Spirit Wisp) for the extra mana Regn
Wraith Form and I wait for my mana to regen
I cast Enemy of One when I'm close to my opponent
then Curse weapon
Honor Enemy
then the fight begins.
during the fight I make sure to use total refresh at 90% like said above
and if its tough enemy, I cast Concentrate weapon a few times during the battle.
another tip I dunno if anyone else does this but I have Protection on so I don't fail casting any of my spells during the fight.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2008, 06:32:10 PM »
You created a monster thread, no?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »

I used monster cable for my speakers, run to and from my amp, but monster thread? Does that involve sewing?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »

Theres still a wait timer on evade thou right? Or am i missing something here?

I think there is a way to avoid the timer because I've seen guys spamming evade non stop. Unfortunately I'm not in the know how. But I imagine it would be quite the boost.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »

I'm gonna start a whammy thread just to spite him and the break the record for the longest running thread. Then I'll be worthy of SUO accolades  8)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »

I'm gonna start a whammy thread just to spite him and the break the record for the longest running thread. Then I'll be worthy of SUO accolades  8)

I've got a killer award created too!  I'll get his posted tonight so you can see what you are missing out. :P
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!
MONSTER THREADS! MONSTROUS WAMMY'S! NEW AWARDS GIVING AWAY!
A MUST SEE! JUST $10 A SHOW! A KILLER DEAL! DON'T MISS OUT!

Tags: