Author Topic: OK... What is this guy killing in Shame & with what template to pull this stuff?  (Read 9802 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
This guy ALWAYS has crazy loot...  I see what I think is momentum strike next to his life bar and it appears that might be an air elemental in the picture...  Anyone shed some light on this?

http://stratics.com/community/threads/ring-ssi5-di25-hci20-clean.300529/

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Lets see. 3 Mod Ring, Probably Killing Earth Elementals Level 2 Shame or Molten Earth Elementals with 1500~2000 Ish Luck.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
This guy ALWAYS has crazy loot...  I see what I think is momentum strike next to his life bar and it appears that might be an air elemental in the picture...  Anyone shed some light on this?

http://stratics.com/community/threads/ring-ssi5-di25-hci20-clean.300529/

If he farms level 2 he can also script it easy...

Edit : Oh i see its Cata :-) i could just call him in icq and ask :P

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
What are people using to farm Shame, Samp? I got one-hit killed trying out Shame the other night. Level 3, some fire elemental thing. Was having fun until then lol.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Catryonna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Catryonna has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
I farm level 3 with my pure paladin - I refuse to turn her into a Sampire since she was the first character I ever created  :-) I've got mid-range armor, nothing to write home about and I use soul seeker for a sword....Like I said, nothing to write home about....just have to run faster than they do sometimes.  I miss the days I used to park my GM archer in the little teleport rock spot and kill poison elementals for hours on Shame level 3...Oh the good ole days.....

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
I havent done so in quite awhile, but I dunno why anyone would use anything less than a sampire to farm Shame. I was able to pull max Air Ele, Earth Ele packs with sampire and kill them at the same time without issue.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
I havent done so in quite awhile, but I dunno why anyone would use anything less than a sampire to farm Shame. I was able to pull max Air Ele, Earth Ele packs with sampire and kill them at the same time without issue.

I tried it out sometimes farming those on level 5.. 3 air elemental no problem but more can be quiet dangerous..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Lets see. 3 Mod Ring, Probably Killing Earth Elementals Level 2 Shame or Molten Earth Elementals with 1500~2000 Ish Luck.

Hmm..  Well I've "evaluated" over 200k Items from level 2 Shame (Mud / Clay / G. Earth / Fire/ Troll ) with 2000 Luck & CLAw hasn't pulled anything like that yet & YES the rules are correct.  I guess I'll have to give Molten's a try.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
What are people using to farm Shame, Samp? I got one-hit killed trying out Shame the other night. Level 3, some fire elemental thing. Was having fun until then lol.

Let me guess:  You were in vamp form holding an opposite slayer?  Those fire elementals are brutal and can whack you.  It is *almost* like the Dev team did a quick pull of the most popular templates and designed a monster to snipe people running past with that gear.

Almost certainly exactly correct.

Hmm..  Well I've "evaluated" over 200k Items from level 2 Shame (Mud / Clay / G. Earth / Fire/ Troll ) with 2000 Luck & CLAw hasn't pulled anything like that yet & YES the rules are correct.  I guess I'll have to give Molten's a try.

I think you may just be epically unlucky?  You might try dropping your luck to the 1400-1800 range (irony!).  I long ago lost track of how many items I was evaluating a day, but I think it was 10,000 at the height of my farming operation.**  

The Clays on level two give the highest intensity loot, if I recall correctly.  Basically, whatever drops the most gold drops the highest intensity loot.  If you're not getting >450 gold (INCLUDING the luck boost) from the monster you are killing, you can't spawn loot that sells frequently enough to be worth your time.  800+ for clean legendary items.

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I don't think there are many people who have spent more time in that cave than me!

**Enough items that TM had to modify the cLAW just to fix my memory leak.  That's a lot of item evaluation!

EDIT:  Removed a section that made me sound like a bragging Scripty.  Sorry if you read that before I changed it!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:20:06 PM by NObama »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
I was in wraith carrying Soul Seeker - probably not the best weapon, I don't know. Totally destroyed me. Of course this is my first week back in the game too so I'm not exactly on my A game.

Here's my template currently:

120 Swords
120 Tactics
115 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Spirit Speak
85 Chiv
60 Necro

My armor isn't really up to speed either; nothing imbued. Jackals, M&S, Primer, misc crap - 70/66/70/66/55.

Really I just wanted to check out Shame and see what the hype was all about lol. Now I'm ready to get this character up to snuff because I'm already having fun just killing level 1 earthies and mud pies. I'd like to make it worthwhile.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Yeah, I spent about 3 Weeks Killing Earth Elementals on Level 2 Shame with Varying Degrees of Luck and stuck everything my scripts looted into separate chests so I could keep track of Exactly what I was getting with what Luck. Self Repairing Weapons with 100% Lrc suits in wraith form casting Curse weapon, REAL easy.

I know that 5 SSI Jewels Spawn from them, And I'm 99% Sure that you can pull 20 HCI items off them too, just not Frequently, So its just a matter of Time before you PULL both.

Nobama is Right on the Money about having TOO high of luck, it pushes you towards getting more 4-5 Property Items instead of 3 from the low level monsters.

Honestly I don't even find that ring too impressive. Having 20 HCI is Nice, but.... I wouldn't pay that much more money for a 20 HCI ring with 5 SSI... Rather have a 10 SSI ring with 15 hci. Silly people.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile

I tried it out sometimes farming those on level 5.. 3 air elemental no problem but more can be quiet dangerous..

I always pulled all the ones available... I think 6-7?

I loved the reactions I would get from tamers who were trying to farm there with 1 greater dragon... 1 ele at a time.

Only part I hated most was when the eles would get low and run away.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
That makes sense now about having to much luck.  I used to run two sampires and a disco'er killing unbound energy vortexs with max luck.  I would always get 6-7 properties and never any useful combonations either.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Ok... well its seems TON of people farm level 2 shame & a large % also farm UEVs but Im wondering if the difference at least on level 2 could be when you switch from 2000 to 3000 luck (2k samp luck suit + perfection)   I havent actually built a samp luck suit yet so not sure.   The 1 hr a day luck statue bonus doesnt yield enough results as of yet.  Its mostly that clan 10 ssi jewels are sooo crazy useful for dexxers heh....

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
  I'm getting mixed messages in game about the luck.

I see a guy as well that always sells nice items and his suit is max luck minus 190 due to having a 2 handed wep. I tried to farm the same spot and nada.

Right now i'm 2200 luck and in search of finding the right mob to farm. So far the lizard archers in wrong seem to work for that luck range.

Tags: