Author Topic: so i was wondering wher eyou can fond accurate info on these skills  (Read 4525 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
looking to very possibly train up these skills...

forensic eval

remove trap

I just made a script that does taste and item id.  i will post it here very soon so peeps can use it to gm item id for gargoyle/embuing expansion!  Sheesh I'll post it now.  but seriously- looking to make these trainable. there has to be info out there somewhere.

Ex.  i was thinking of using a loop to trap box - remove trap until successful- retrap.  but are the skill levels varying?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
Re: so i was wondering wher eyou can fond accurate info on these skills
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
I've been wondering about these skills as well. These are some of the more rare skills and not sure how many people actually have them on their characters. They have been labeled "Useless" skills but it might be a good idea to GM them now and get a leg up if some of these useless skills will have some value with the future expansion.

I guess UOGuide is the place with the best information for these skills:
Remove Trap
Foresensic Evaluation
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:56:29 PM by Ultima »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:45:21 AM »
Hmm... i am stuck at 75.0 taste id.  that is with DP and Lesser poisoned food in my pack.  only guides i can find say but food skill to 30 train on food to 100.

so far it is actually

you can train to 50.0 - regular food
you can train to 75.0 - on poisoned foods ( can start lower on poisoned foods and u do get poisoned)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:37:15 AM »
I still have a bunch of really old item id wands lying about someplace..  you mean i might actually have a use for them now.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:40 AM »
I have 100.0 Item Evaluation on a soulstone  :P
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 06:51:05 AM »
so if anyone can find info on gaining taste ID beyond 75.0 let me know.  I cannot budge past that with dp food unless i use a TOT and 25.0 points of TOT goodness isn't reasonable.

food and pots.  what else is ther eto taste.  doesn't look like you can taste weapons and if pots have their name showing they are useless so food has been the only good way to date.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:16:45 AM »
C2,

You've probably already read this but just in case this was from stratics. It was stickied there from before it crashed last year. This might help if you haven't read it:

Stratics Taste ID FAQ

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
Yeah - that says have about 100 because if you get through them without a gain they dont reset as valid targets.  That was how al those skills once were like arms lore.  The target rest anti macro code doesn't work any more so something else is blocking my gaining past 75.0.  A Tot can bring you past that but i have not found anything I can taste id to get me moving again..  Lesser - DP , does not matter.  Err!  I am doing forensic eval now but want to return to finish taste id at some point if it is ever figured out.

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »
I friend tossed together a really fast Forensic Id script that he used as he ran around a Coon spawn with a necro wither char. He got that skill up real fast :)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
I friend tossed together a really fast Forensic Id script that he used as he ran around a Coon spawn with a necro wither char. He got that skill up real fast :)

That is one way.. but I chose a faster way.  Hehe.  I like that there are a few different ways to use this skill!
0-70.0 eval a character in thief guild
70.0-GM eval a chest that was lock picked.

I will release the script when i finish and may even make two options for working it.

Tags: