Author Topic: Lots of old sites are gone  (Read 1585 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Lots of old sites are gone
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:48:58 PM »
I just went through my old UO bookmark folder and was sad to see a lot of sites no longer exist. Some of them were great, others funny, others evil but all served a purpose. In the early days I never got into scripting but I was up to speed on bugs then, they were often funny or useful. I never got into the dupe scene but some sites posted some stuff that even the UO devs used to learn about how to fix UO bugs.

One site I remember was askchopper.com, it had a member area that I never saw but also a public bug section. Harmless stuff for the most part, like how to color your beard without paying full price by removing it and adding it again... the game would dye it the same color as your hair so you wouldn't need two different dyes. Stuff like that.

Anyway, just curious what other old sites you guys liked that are offline now too. I noticed the wintermoor museum on Atlantic is gone, that thing used to be 20+ houses large on ice isle Atlantic. What sites do you miss?  Website info can be retrieved, it is never truly gone, I'm wondering if there's enough good stuff gone to create an archive section on a new site.

Tags: