Author Topic: T-Hunter template, how high can you go?  (Read 3309 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
T-Hunter template, how high can you go?
« on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
I'm considering making a new fisher on a shard I have no characters on and am wondering how viable it would be to make him a T-Hunter as well

- 100 Magery
- 100 Eval
- 100 Med
- 100 Fishing
- 100 Mining
- 100 Carto
- 100 Lockpick

Casting Earth Elementals to hold aggro a bit, I don't want to empty chests or kill all monsters with this... just loot the good stuff and scoot. An all in one character instead of raising two seperate characters (fisher + t-hunter with provo or something), but my question is how high a T-Map do you think the above could handle?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: T-Hunter template, how high can you go?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
I have started to use my Mystic to handle Lvl 6 and 7.   Using EV's you should be able to do up to Lvl 4 easy.  Depending on the facet you should be able to handle Lvl 5. will take a few min and running to kill monster. It a good start.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »
I'd be happy with level 5's solo on this character, obviously by having fishing, mining, carto and lockpick on one character the fight is limited but not having to raise or use multiple characters to do it is nice. It's not so much raising skill that makes raising 2 characters hard, it's the cost of gear/ethy mount/scrolls etc that add up fast.

Is mining badly needed now? I've done a few with my GM miner but haven't tried without yet, just wondering how much of a pain it is to find a chest. Again... going for speed here to do many maps quickly, it's not my main server.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »
I have started to use my Mystic to handle Lvl 6 and 7.   Using EV's you should be able to do up to Lvl 4 easy.  Depending on the facet you should be able to handle Lvl 5. will take a few min and running to kill monster. It a good start.
Level 5 with EV's is no problem although I don't know if it will be problematic on Ish.

I'm finding that I'm doing just fine now without ANY mining on my character. I was GM but got tired of swapping it back and forth with Cartography. Now I just decode the maps, drop them on a DJ Locker to get the coordinates, use Cartographer to go to those coordinates, then use my T-Mapper Helper script to find the dig spot, sometimes I have to move a round a couple times but that's it. Works great.

I think making a Fisher/T-Mapper is certainly doable but you will definitely need Mystic or something to do higher than 5. On level 6's I use RC and then direct spell cast with Slayer books so the Eval is definitely good.

You also can swap cart back and forth. Put it on the character, decode a bunch of maps, then stone it and put another skill back on. This buys you a ton of room.

Want at least 110 Mystic for less fizzle on RC, 105 drove me nuts. High Eval is better for the direct damage, I think I have 120 on the one I'm playing right now. Also 110 Magery for less fizzle on EV - I still like to use EV's over RC's when possible so I don't have to get off my mount.

120 Eval
120 Focus
110 Magery
110 Mystic
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
100-120 Fishing
Rest in Meditation

The "many maps quickly" you probably want to keep the mining but you can swap back and forth with cart, although if it's not your main shard you probably don't have stones. But whatever your poison, I solo level 6's pretty much with this template all the time without issue and I kill EVERYTHING and empty every last item in the trunk to maximize spawn.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Our playstyles are a bit different but that's a lot of great info!
I'm finding that I'm doing just fine now without ANY mining on my character.
Exactly what I wanted to know when I came to the forum just now. If I'm not going to need to spend 20 minutes looking for a spot without mining then I'll do without it, Inscription it is.

- 100 Fishing
- 120 Magery
- 100 Eval
- 100 Med
- 100 Lockpick
- 100 Carto
- 100 Inscription

100 fishing, locked. I just ran a 100 skill fisher and a 120 skill fisher for 3 hours in fel to see if the 120 gave me more MIBs, result: both got 11 MIBs/hr and similar other loot. That's a short test but good enough for me to see that the difference isn't huge, both had similar luck levels. I don't have the high seas expansion yet on the 100 fisher and I am now certain I won't get it because you only get 4 types of fish and your pack is much cleaner. If you try this test keep in mind that 100 is max on a non-high seas account and 120 is on high seas so if your 100 fisher DOES have the high seas expansion he may not keep up with your 120, I don't know for sure but I suspect that might be a mechanic.

120 Magery, locked. One of the skills was going to get the extra 20 points anyway and with inscription you need as high of magery as you can get for the best chance at special properties on spell books and scrapper's compendiums. No fizzle is always good too!

100 Med, locked. I'm not a fan of meditation or focus on a casting PvM character since gear can keep you going longer than most monsters can drain you, and I carry pots just in case. That being said with inscription I want med since I want to spend less time not actually making something.

Soulstones: If I need more fight I have a soulstone rdy to swap out the an non-essential skill for that encounter. Locked and loaded, fishing+carto+lp can be on your character all the way to level 5 which is good enough for me. Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

if it's not your main shard you probably don't have stones
Correct sir, well actually they do have stones but they leave them behind when I shard transfer them. I build characters for other shards on my main shard so that I don't have to struggle too much to build a good suit and work all their skills first. It's not cheap to transfer, 40M or so right now, but hitting the ground running on a new shard is worth it to me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:03:15 PM by Gemviper »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 04:00:47 AM »
Has anyone found a way to get 100 inscription in less than 36 hours+ yet?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:02:19 AM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 05:01:37 AM »
Has anyone found a way to get 100 inscription in less than 36 hours+ yet?

Yes, you can it possible, if you are the right amount of supply.   here have I do and it free
50-75,   make blank scroll (  u need wood pulp)
75-100  u make spellbook.  I use my stack of 60K blank scroll and was Gm in over two days.

Tags: