Author Topic: Looked like UOGuide was about to go away, BUT...  (Read 3007 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Looked like UOGuide was about to go away, BUT...
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »
Looks like JC the builder decided to keep things going.  Also seems to be some interesting Stratics drama.  Frankly, I'd take JCs side anyday.

http://forum.uoguide.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1503
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Looked like UOGuide was about to go away, BUT...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
Drama but his page has helped keep UO alive for sure, without it I think the game would be screwed.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Looked like UOGuide was about to go away, BUT...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 09:11:28 AM »
There's a surprising amount of stuff in the game that isn't documented anywhere but on uoguide, stuff that should be on uo.com but isn't for whatever reason. You realize that every time you need to work out a new template and need a refresher on mechanics or calculations and such. It's almost worse to have sites with old information than no information too and uoguide seems active in keeping up with changes. I'm on his side too, as a webmaster it pisses me off to have to start sending out DMCA's to weed out the scrapers but don't do it and you see traffic volume on old content fall off slowly...

Another site i've found up to date and really useful has been http://www.knuckleheads.dk/   If you need calculators for imbue or weapon speed etc it's all on there. The owner runs a free shard transfer service too, if you need something moved from one shard to another. Link is in his sidebar under "transfer central" I think. I trusted him once and he didn't disappoint.

I was wondering if Stratics would take off or fall further under the new ownership... definitely not a cool move to be grabbing uoguide info verbatim!

Tags: