Author Topic: Unattended Macro Alert 21 October 2009  (Read 8562 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Unattended Macro Alert 21 October 2009
« on: October 21, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »
Just a heads up, with so many folks trying to scrape up residue for imbue there may be a gm hunt on for lumberjacks.

I got nailed recall lumberjacking this afternoon on Atlantic. My runes are all in Felucia, none in TM.  I was likely paged on as I was still using an old frostwood book that has some runes near a few houses, but of course I can't be sure.  I am going to go out and remark all of my runes once I am off the 48 hour suspension I just got.

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Unattended Macro Alert 21 October 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:16:15 PM »
Ah, I'm liking my wandering beetlejacker all the more!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »
i'm with 6 jackers running atm on atl, all on random places fel/tram/mal, some runes i use on obvious places, but never noone paged me (i got paged 2 times on legends, but never on atl) my only problem is a pk who kill all jackers on my house when they recall to put boards, but it happen 1 time every 2 or 3 days =)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
i'm with 6 jackers running atm on atl, all on random places fel/tram/mal, some runes i use on obvious places, but never noone paged me (i got paged 2 times on legends, but never on atl) my only problem is a pk who kill all jackers on my house when they recall to put boards, but it happen 1 time every 2 or 3 days =)

Better than a vacation  ;)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »
I am all for someone killing my UAM jacker or miner -- that is just good sport. I just hate when they can't figure out a way to kill me fast enough, get fed up and start paging.  I have had a running battle with a guy trying to kill my miner and I keep adjusting the template/kit to keep it interesting. Once I got my miner to about 80 Defense increase, 120 combat skill, he gave up and paged on me. Too bad for him I was watching.

Ok, as for today's misadventure, I logged onto another account with the computer and can pull the journal up from my run in with the law.  I can't figure out how to pull my journal into this, so here is the recap.

Our interaction begins somewhere North of where my journal starts because I am already frozen in place.

I try to sacred journey like 25 time in a row without the GM saying anything. I assume he was talking previously.

After watching me try to recall one more time:

[GM][Akemai] Are you here?
Please respond

I "Sanctm Viatas" ten more times in response

GM Akemai then ports me to the holding pen in Bucs (wooden building with six moongates). I can tell from the journal because all of the stats reset from the kit my lumberjack is wearing. The layout of the building is similar to the bathhouse in Buc's Den, but it is not.  I suspect its someone not otherwise accessible to players.
You See: Malcolm the innkeeper
You See: Jacob the innkeeper

Me: Sanctum Viatas

Akemai: Greetings, this is GM Akemai. Are you there?
You cannot use this ability while frozen
Akemai: Greetings this is GM Akemai. Respond now.
Akemai: Greetings. This is GM Akemai. Respond now or your account will be actioned.

Akemai: Greetings, this is GM Akemai. You have been found unattended macroing.
Akemai: As such, your account will be suspended 48 hours.

Akemai: If you have any further questions or concerns, please consult your email.
Akemai: Your account will now be removed from the server.

Akemai, Legendary Arcanist kicked you.

End of entry.

Colors of text and prefix to quotes from GM Akemai are as they appear in the journal. Not sure why his entries drop the GM from them once he has me in jail.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 06:39:30 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »
The gm in quotes disappears because he has forced you into manual chat with him.  I have been paged on before once and did it once to myself to figure out what they do.  YEA YEA I know WTF you paged on yourself.  LOL .  Anyway when they show up they ask you to enter brackets and this puts you in a chat with them.  A chat that you and only you can see.  As I was on the other character hidden that i paged with the whole time and could not see anything that was said.  If you dont respond after so long witht eh brackets they will pull/force you into a chat gump with them.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »
Akemai, Legendary Arcanist kicked you.

Now now was the above really nessacarry .. a banning accoutn removal.. but the Kicking is going a bit far dont you think.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
Ah, I'm liking my wandering beetlejacker all the more!

lol "Get out tha bettle yo!  This is a beetlejack!"
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline paezao

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • paezao has no influence.
  • Why can't we script our RL Jobs?
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 02:44:12 AM »
What if we make a script that will logout if a GM speech appear in the journal?

How can they ban you for that? You can pretend you crashed... or whatever, they cant ban you in my opinion.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 02:54:47 AM »

How can they ban you for that? You can pretend you crashed... or whatever, they cant ban you in my opinion.

IMO we used to have code like this for a our scripts in everquest.  It never worked, because by the time they send you a message, they have already been watching you.  For the most part.  But in everquest we were able to do things like ghostkill and no delay combat.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline paezao

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »

IMO we used to have code like this for a our scripts in everquest.  It never worked, because by the time they send you a message, they have already been watching you.  For the most part.  But in everquest we were able to do things like ghostkill and no delay combat.

Yea I guess you are right, they usually watch you long before they talk to you. BUT, can they ban you without giving you enough time to reply their message after they speak?

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 03:29:43 AM »

Yea I guess you are right, they usually watch you long before they talk to you. BUT, can they ban you without giving you enough time to reply their message after they speak?

i think if you logout yes.

And the gm was very patience he waited he reply for a long time in my opinion, the aollegends gm don't wait noting more then 2, 3 minutes to ban. if he tried all that amount of times make contact he's a good guy =)

i only want know how to see how many counts i have on acct =(

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

yes they will..... the case above shows plenty of time to respond.. and no response was mad so loggin out probably wont save anyone.

The trick is as always not how to deal with the gms.. but aviod being paged on in the first place..... ie dont see other players.. have enough spots that if you do see a player that you dont go back to that spot for an hour or so.. or like TM use a wandering jacker that basiaclly does differnet places all the time.   IE preempt the whole thing by not giving anyone any chance to page on you.  just my 2c worked well for me for a long timenow.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:35:27 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline paezao

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 10:36:56 AM »
Well this is a good idea. The player probably wont page if he sees you one time, but he will if he sees you twice, or three times.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »
Well this is a good idea. The player probably wont page if he sees you one time, but he will if he sees you twice, or three times.

Also remember there are people out there that do nothing else but form their own vigilante squads to hunt down the poor defenseless bots.  There's lots of cool things to do in UO; one must get pretty bored with the game to fall to that level.  At least the bots are actually PLAYING the game as designed.  lol.   
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: