Author Topic: New Treasure Hunter  (Read 23562 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Treasure Hunter
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 01:29:45 AM »
Pros to the T hunter tamer mage: 120 tameing 110 lore 100 magery 100 eval 85 vet 100 lock 100 cartog
have tank to take on the stuff that pops out of chest
very easy to say all kill
Cons if the mobs retarget your dead man if you don t cary traped box cause not enough room for resist
Con - very tough to manage initial spawn when soloing with this template. I have popped 4 Ancient Wyrms at the same time before. How are you dealing with this as a tamer? You can't say "all kill" when your dead. This used to be a workable template back before they juiced up all the spawn a few years ago, now uh-uh.

Pros to the bard mage: template 100 magery 100 eval 80 resist 100 cartog 100 lock 120 peace 120 music
very good survival rate
can area peace everthing off ya
cons
none that i can think of
Not sure what you're going to kill with this template. Peacing is wonderful to quiet things down but 100 Magery isn't high enough to reliably cast EV's and you have no mana pool so you can't direct kill the spawn. I'll bet you this templae would have a difficult time, at best, killing a single Ancient or Balron. I say "Con: Can't ever do anything because is always dead during a level 6". For this template to come even close to working you need maximum damage output and a ton of regen and this makes for a very tight template but I've done it with 120 Peace, 120 Music, 120 Eval, 110 Magery, 100 Cart, 100 LP, 50 Med + Jewels on a high SDI suit. Still worked but I died WAY more often and took MUCH longer than necessary to complete the map - thus not the best template.

Pros to the Tamer bard mage t hunter template 120 music 120 peace 120 tameing 110 lore 100 lock 100 cartog 50 mager need skill jury to get to 85
have tank to kill the monsters
very good survival
can area peace stuff off ya
cons
no eval so reliant on pets
not abel to ress with out use of soulstone or resing potions from alcemist
See the first one. Very tight template and not very self-reliant. This would be a great team template but solo'ng a 6?? I'll take my bard.

mystic t hunter
pros template 120 mysticism 120 focus 100 magery 100 eval 80 resist 100 lock 100 cartog
very survivable
gives u tank
alot of ways to heal
cons none that i can thnk of
I don't know Mysticism enough to comment but I would venture to guess that this would have some major mana issues as well.

in my oppinion the best two templates are the tamer mage and mystic mage
Then you haven't solo'd a level 6 tmap in a while ;) but seriously, if you tried it with a bard/mage you would agree that there is no more efficient template than that. Believe me, I've tried them! I don't mean to sound like there is only one way to do it, I'm just saying that this was the most efficient way of solo'ng a level 6.

I have been thinking about playing with a Sampire type template but it's very cramped so would be tough to pull off, maybe something like:

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography/120 Spirit Speak swapping with stone
20+ Necro (+ items to cast Wraith reliably at least)

Thinking that, with the right whirlwind weapon and a good suit, this could possibly take out the initial spawn most of the time but I question whether it could pull off four Balron's or Ancient's simultaneously.

Great conversation though, I love it! Thanks :D

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 07:55:54 AM »
I used to use a mage bard (provo) for lvl 6 but have switched to a mystic / bard. Very successful and haven't died yet. But with the random locations coming in after the initial 30 day period after the publish hits, I am going to have to figure out a way to put 50-100 mining on.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
swap out carto for mining after decode?

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »
First things first dealing with spawn as tamer easy part. park your drag little ways away dig up the chest and right before the chest pops up invis spawn pops know run little bit aways and invis again hopefull this spread your spaw out bit know lure spawn up one time to drag and kill it.

second option start to dig chest up have rune marked little ways away all ready in your bag cast recall just as the chest is about to pop up hit the rune and u will pop up few feet away in safety as the spawn pops know lure stuff up one at time to drag

okay bard mage use above ways to deal with initial spawn  then cast your evs and lure spawn up one at time area peace if u get to much spawn lureing

tamer bard mage makes lureing easier when useing the above method can area peace if u get to much

mystic mage the rising colosus eats ancient for breakfeast

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
That is what I was thinking Baldie..probably the direction I will go

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 03:00:42 AM »
By the way, Lockpicking is pretty easy. Use my script to get to 95 then go to Twisted Weald, get yourself Disco'd by a Satyr, kick the script back up, and follow the Satyr around. I've gone from 95 to 100 in an hour or less several times.

X

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 03:40:29 AM »
You get 2 earth elementals up and stand them to the EAST about 10 squares and have them stay. When the chest is coming up you pre-cast invis. When the spawn pops target yourself with the invis.

Spawn will eventually target the EE's, or a couple will... that's when you make your break for it. Run WEST and invis.

Deal with spawn however you want at that point.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline RheeannaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 05:09:36 AM »
i'm most comfortable with my Bard so i'm gonna try that one first.
but right now i'm having those damn migraines again.  *holds head and goes back to bed* makes playing hard. Thanks for all the input

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 05:26:27 AM »
My Provo T-hunter works pretty well. I handle spawn just like I said in the previous post.

EE's, Invis, RUN... then come back and provo stuff. EE's or EV's on the stronger spawn.

When pulling from the chest keep 2 EE's up at all times, "All Kill" gives you time to setup. I'll run off and then call the EE's to me along the way... Just to get the monster away from the chest. Then go back and doit again. When I get 2 monsters I provo them.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 06:02:29 AM »
One thing you'll find with the Invis method is that you WILL get revealed more often than you would like. When you area peace and run instead you never get revealed and the EV's don't require an "all kill" ;)

Then, like I said, work back in and pick 'em off.

Many ways to do it, these are just the ways we've done it. You'll get your own groove after doing just a couple!

X

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 06:12:02 AM »
I've had 100 Peace on my t-hunter in the past and gave it up for Magery based skills, Eval or Med.

100 Points was just too much when the Invis method worked very well. It's all about the timing. You have to know what the chest looks like on the last dig and hit invis. If you haven't been targetted, you won't be revealed.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 06:40:03 AM »
I've had 100 Peace on my t-hunter in the past and gave it up for Magery based skills, Eval or Med.

100 Points was just too much when the Invis method worked very well. It's all about the timing. You have to know what the chest looks like on the last dig and hit invis. If you haven't been targetted, you won't be revealed.
Sounds like we'll agree to disagree ;) After literally 100's of level 6 maps I'll choose the bard over mage skills anyday!

Either way, that's why this game is so great, there is always more than one way to do the same thing.

X

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:59 AM »
My buddy swore by hiding/stealth on his t-hunter LOL.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:32 AM »
I wonder if we are going to need mining on the template again...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »
I hope the eff not, I was baffled by SolidSnake's comment - care to elaborate my friend?

X

Tags: