Author Topic: Throwing Stars and Darts  (Read 6827 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Throwing Stars and Darts
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:51:08 AM »
What's the rules for these two? Can you use them with one handed weapons? I know you can use them with "Balanced" weapons.

Quote from: UOGuide
The Fukiya is a Japanese blowgun. In UO, it is a ranged the weapon that can be used by the Ninja with the proper amount of skill. A minimum of 50 is required. Hit chance success is related to Ninjitsu skill level. It is a One-Handed Weapon for anyone with the requisite skill, however, Grandmaster Ninjas can use them while equipped with a two-handed weapon. A carpenter can find it in the Weapons category of the crafting menu.

So above 100 Ninjitsu you can use a dart with a two handed weapon? Does that mean that under 100 you can use them with a one handed?

On a related note, is Balanced an option for throwing weapons? Is there any point including ninjitsu on a thrower? A little -disarm/throw/rearm would be easy enough to macro I suppose....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Stars and Darts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:08:25 AM »
More info, looks like one handed weapons are ok...

Quote from: Stratics
FUKIYA - Can be loaded with 10 darts that can be deadly poisoned. This item does not have to be equiped to use, but you must have a hand free to use it. It can only be used at close range. (5 steps or less) When used, it makes an attack check using your ninjitsu skill level. If it hits, it will inflict the level of poison on the dart. This allows you to deadly poison without the poisoning skill. (The poisoning skill has nothing to do with these... except that it allows you to apply poison to the darts yourself.)

SHURIKEN - Up to 10 of these can be loaded into a ninja belt. You must have a hand free to use them from the belt. They can only be used from a distance. (more than 2 steps) When used, they make an attack check using your ninjitsu skill level. If it hits, the shuriken will inflict the level of poison that was applied to it. This allows you to deadly poison without the poisoning skill. (The poisoning skill has nothing to do with these... except that it allows you to apply poison to the shuriken yourself.)
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:25:56 AM »
Throwing is one handed and you can toss the star one handed.  Ninja is the factor in determining the hit chance, I think it is Ninja vs defence chance(with some weight to distance). 

I would say that the other biggest factor is dismount and animal form/mirror image.

I thought you could deathstrike also but for limited damage, this might be handy if your enemy is well versed in standing still waiting for the DS to reduce as you might be able to set them up for something.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »
I am not sure about the skill level thing, but for sure you can use both fukiyas and shurikens with a thrower.  You do not equip the tube or the belt, you can simply have them in your pack and make a macro to use item type to use them. I have 120 Ninja skill and use them both all the time on my thrower.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
and when he holds a two handed weapon can he still use both?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
and when he holds a two handed weapon can he still use both?

That was kind of my question... according to UOGuide you can use darts with a 2 handed weapon if your Ninjitsu is over 100 skill. I can't find anything on Shurikens though... worthy of more investigation I believe.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
If you are in a animal form (say the one that regenerates quick) can you still throw a boomerang and shirkens?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
No specials in form, but regular attacks are all good.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
If you are in form you can still throw either.  I read about a gimp thrower temp on stratics and made a 120 tact/thrower/ninja/anat/healer/resist guy who is annoying as crap and buffed to all heck.  191 stam, 170 HPs(in wolf form) and 110 mana, great for some team fighting as it can throw reasonably fast for around 25 damage in form with huge range plus out of form can dismount/mortal/stun or AI all at range...sucky to be alone but a great team guy.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 09:32:40 PM »
*bleep* canuker... that's one of my guilds FAVORITE solo Templates......
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 05:37:24 AM »
It is a fun temp with near impossible stats to die with.  I'm sure that you could rock out weak players in a heart beat jumping out of form here and there but I'd have a hard time killing myself with it.  I could never play a garg char without throwing though as I can never seem to see which tile I am standing on.

Tags: