Author Topic: Recall bow/shield seller - NOT  (Read 4874 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Recall bow/shield seller - NOT
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »
I got jazzed the other day in making a script that automated how I first made enough gold in UO to get my first large house (L shape on Napa).  Anyhow, in looking into the current state of the game, I noticed that there's no real incentive anymore to craft/sell items vs. just selling the resources.

I'm wondering if there's any crafted item that sells for a reasonable profit?

Anyhow, I was totally disappointed that EA/OSI borked the resale values of those old farmed items.  Bummer.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Recall bow/shield seller - NOT
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »
I made a bunch of gold (and LJ/Carp skill) doing wooden shields.

I wonder if special armor might be good now? Like those wooden armor stuff....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »
i think they mostly ruined it all ;*(

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »
shadow heater shiels and oak woodland leggings sell for a massivly boosted price.  I can sell the shadow ingots straight up in deeds for slightly more than what the 550 avg per shield rope in but the oak wood and bark fragments wont sell and can be turned for millions and millions of profits.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »
shadow heater shiels and oak woodland leggings sell for a massivly boosted price.  I can sell the shadow ingots straight up in deeds for slightly more than what the 550 avg per shield rope in but the oak wood and bark fragments wont sell and can be turned for millions and millions of profits.

Well that's something.  I was hoping that something "normal" was left unmolested by the talentless folk at EA/OSI.  I guess not; they boned the entire system.

i think they mostly ruined it all ;*(

Man, that's too bad too.  That was hella cool days back when you could craft your way to a little profit.  When they take away those kinds of profit-making ways, people dream up other possibilities (dupe anyone?).  Nice.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:28 PM »
I was going to say exactly what C2 mentioned so I won't repeat it however I will mention that the Heater Shields are especially accurate on shards that aren't Atlantic since the shadow ingots don't sell as well anywhere else. Exceptionals sell for as high as 700 gold so a craft/recall/sell venture would certainly work out nicely. I've done this a fair amount manually but stopped when the NPC in only a couple of locations stopped buying the shields. I never timed the "cool-down", ie I have no idea how long before the shield inventory refreshes so that the NPC will buy another round.

Considering the bounty of Shadow Ingots in my inventory this would be a worthwhile venture as they really aren't good for anything but PoF who's price is way to unpredictable right now. Plus you can farm shadow like mad farming the Orc Brutes, go down with a luck suit on a fighter or tamer and a Miner with a orc mask on a second account and you can rake up pretty quickly - loot, gold, and shadow ingots.

The woodland leggings is an incredible option if you have tens of thousands of bark fragments already laying around. In fact, I believe EN was doing something to this effect for a while just burning through his personal inventory.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:27:52 PM »
Heh, well I *DO* have 10s of 1000s of bark.  Might have to give that one a whirl.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »
Endless did have a script that crafted and sold to vendors and went around selling them off until the vendor stopped buying and switched to the next guy.  he was making so many mil my head was spinning!!!  I really advise you look into that. 

The heaters are a great way if u cannot sell like XII was noting.  I ship all my ingots to atl during xfers.  If i didn't i would craft and sell to unload the shadow.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
Heh, well that defeats the fun of writing the script that I always wanted to.  However, it really doesn't seem to be worth while to do exactly what I wanted.  Oh well.....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 05:30:57 AM »
Yup done that script and yes ropped in probably around 50+mil from it as i had many multiples of back frag stacks.  Unfortunatly you do exhast all the bark frag suprisingly quickly .. but its a good one off script for clearing what is an otherwise uselless inventory item.

The script could be easily configed for any item to make/sell and was adding heater shield production but as c2 says, you can sell for more or equal proffit as deeds so why bother.

If any of the old crew need the script ill post it up.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »
Hey EN, good to see you pop in :)

Personally I would like to see you post it up even if nothing more than to see how you worked your sell routines. If you feel so inclined, I'd love to check it out!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »
I have like a quarter million bark fragments stored away at my woodworking facility that I would love to liquidate :P  So add me to the list of people who are keen on having a look at that script.  Be nice to run something different for awhile... :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »
You would also need bucket loads of oak boards.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: