0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Pagers
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »
I'm sure everyone else feels the same way but god I hate players who page on others for macroing.  I can see when someones macro/script actually interferes or impacts your gameplay, but for something like skill gain that effects another player usually in no way why do people feel the need to page.  Does it make them feel better or something?

Hell I've been suspended, banned, and hundreds of millions stolen from me from players/guilds and I still don't even page on people.

The worst part is the majority of players who play UO and are these people who page on people script or use uoloop lol.

I think it's just this disease of mentality of players that feel the need to try to get others into "trouble" from doing the same thing they do (ie; scripting) is a reason why I just have no desire to update or post up my new scripts/bugs/exploits.  Hell I've seen dozens of players running my taming script AFK and when they belong to the guild that has gotten me banned before just upsets me lol.  I've actually watched their script go just to check their X/Y positions the rail goes to confirm it's mine ;/  Today was the case I verified it was my script when I noticed it was someone who threatened to find me IRL and "kick my ass" over pvp and raiding their spawns... lol.

Hell one guy on WinUO/UOC was an *bleep* on my shard who constantly paged on me along with his members and got me a 72 hour when I thought I finally got a house in a safe location from them months ago.  The sad part is I helped him w/ scripts and crap the entire time before and after and to this day despite their actions and the fake front they put on on community sites like this.

Gah this game, wait, the players are so lame lol.  I'm just mad cause I had to waste 30 minutes being at my computer to respond to the upcomming GM encounter because some idiot and 3 of the same guild came to page on me for running a script that summoned/released pixies just ungodly fast to train spellweaving.  I hope it just makes them feel like a bigger man/woman everytime they submit that page.  Like their protecting their nation from criminals or something.  I just hope next time they script a skill others do the same to them so they can know how it feels.

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pagers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »
Sorry for the rant was just wondering if others deal with the same feelings lol.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »
I agree with you.  I think the pagers have found a way to grief-play that's thought of as acceptable.

I think the paging people are just sooo bored with the game that it gives them another profession to do.  I just move to a different spot/shard and continue doing my thing. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 06:32:27 PM »
I totally agree, I get soo very annoyed by people who page on a regular basis, fortunatly I don't have the problem very often but when I do I get amazingly annoyed.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »
There is an armada of people with too much time on their hands and no idea how to spend it other than greifing other players. Last night in Heartwood I had a player blocking the entrance to Heartwood with artifacts and my recall spots as well. He then attempted to lure the Crimson Dragon toward the entrance so it would kill my crafter. This went on for about two hours between the hours of 12:00 pm -2:00 am. "This guy has nothing better to do a 1:30am in the morning" I thought to myself.

There seems to be at leat one weekly thread on Stratics about on "How to screw a scripter". They post screenshots and tell stories and rant and rave about how the player was unattended and that they know this with 100% certainty. This is this weeks thread http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?s=5300ec6587741136439d8bee2e8451cb&t=127073.

I've stopped trying understand people like this or argue with them because it's simply a waste or your own time and energy. But a good rant about what jerks these players are is a good and healthy thing. 8)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:40 AM »
Luring monsters on players in Tram is against the rules, next time page on him and get him a ban :)

Pagers suck indeed. The same people that page still have no problem reaping the benefits of AFK resource gatherers keeping prices down!! PoS.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »
I really dislike peeps that actively seek out players to page on.  For that reason, I think trial acct usage went through the roof!  They actually made the problem worse being cry babies.

I embrace a good afk murder if they find me or someone dropping crap to block me in if i am interupting their ability to tame a monster for hours due to a not so great script.

But paging sux... unless you were scammed with an exploit or something.

When peeps hunt you down, well they really have lost the love of the game and aren't really playing anymore.  They just have nothing to do and they can only play with themselves a handful of times a day before they are damaging their goods too much.  I guess it is hard to be lonely 24/7.

I bet they are getting all hot and bothered reading this post.  Go work it out fools!

Tags: