Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 460821 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1050 on: February 28, 2021, 04:01:29 PM »
Did you notice if you are fishing in the same direction when msg occur.  Maybe the count  do not reset.  Or   the Charpox Location do not get updates.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1051 on: February 28, 2021, 06:21:12 PM »
TM, I have used and abused this script with many fishers and love it. I am trying it on a freeshard for the first time and it mostly works but I have a question about the casting into the water. It seems hit or miss. It is hard to tell if it because the casting spots change or if it is something progressive. It starts out casting and pulling in fish fine. It will go through about 20ish casts then start getting you cannot see the water. It finally ends up with casting and the system message what water would you like to fish in but no animation of it going into the water and no system message of pulling anything in or not seeing the water and of course, no fish.

I am not sure if it has to do with the z axis in places or something else. I know I have seen animations and seen it pull fish in almost or all of the 4 corners. Since you have used this on some freeshards, I am hoping you may have some advice for me. I cannot imagine fishing without this script. If it matters any, this is on UO Heritage, sometimes called trueuo. It is the official server of ServeUO and run by one of the ServeUO devs and is for most parts an OSI clone with a few customs.

I used this on RebirthUO and Alexandria without issue.  Are you standing right behind the mast on one of the little boats?  Some shards change where you recall into the boat and it seems to mess with things.

The fishing sub uses the journal extensively for fishing so be sure the fishing journal spam is similar/same to OSI and baseline RunUO.  You can see all the journal key phrases in the "FastFishup" subroutine for reference.  Since this is a shard run by the ServUO peeps, the fishing should be OSI compliant.

Also when you pull up EasyUO, make sure you see information filtering through the #JOURNAL variable.  If not then you might have other issues.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 28, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »
Somehow it was the shoreline interfering with it. Even though I was 9 or 10 tiles from the shore, I had to move one more over to get it to work. I have been that close before on OSI with FAF but for some reason it wasn't quite working on ServeUO. I switched to yours to continue to gain because C2's dungeon and shore fisherman had too many cannot see the water errors though the same spots work fine for it on OSI. It is a subtle difference and once I can get into open waters, I won't have to worry about it. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1053 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:01 AM »
Somehow it was the shoreline interfering with it. Even though I was 9 or 10 tiles from the shore, I had to move one more over to get it to work. I have been that close before on OSI with FAF but for some reason it wasn't quite working on ServeUO. I switched to yours to continue to gain because C2's dungeon and shore fisherman had too many cannot see the water errors though the same spots work fine for it on OSI. It is a subtle difference and once I can get into open waters, I won't have to worry about it. :)

Oh, ok.  I was going to ask that.  Both the shoreline and on OSI if you're too close to a server line.  Server lines aren't a "thing" on RunUO-based shards though.  What might be is being too close to the edge of the map where your casts might be trying to overlap.  Best to give yourself alot of buffer room.  Anyhow, glad it was something simple.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 01, 2021, 11:41:42 AM »
Worked like a champ (as always) once I was out in open waters! This is by far the most used script that I own! You the man TM!

Offline gabrielo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gabrielo has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 02, 2021, 07:42:48 AM »
Absolutely love this script.  I have adapted it to see the newer MiB ID and it has been great.

One issue, however, is that the small map itself doesn't draw the boxes or locations of the SOS properly.  So, I am forced to separate the SOS into the 10 zones and fish them one zone at a time.  Any idea how to get the map to draw correctly again, it would help when looking at ASOS locations.

Thanks

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 08.13.45.png

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1056 on: March 02, 2021, 07:48:25 AM »
So the problem is with the MIB sorter from Kal In Ex?  Probably a problem with the OCR used.  Are you on a freeshard or OSI?  Last time I used his sorter on Lexia, it sorted and drew the proper boxes just fine. 

For support for that script, you'll need to ask over at EasyUO unless someone here has seen/solved the problem already and is willing to share here.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gabrielo

• Activity:
    0%
  • gabrielo has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 02, 2021, 07:56:03 AM »
Thanks, I'm on OSI.  It seems to sort them and sails to the locations ok, just doesn't draw the little map and pinpoint the SOS locations. 

The location boxes are all shrunk into area 1 by the look of it.

Edit:  SORRY, I completely, posted in the wrong script page!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:12:24 AM by gabrielo »

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 02, 2021, 11:18:27 AM »
Read that script from Kal in depth, it might need a dependency. I use both - FAF to find, and the Kal to go and it draws my maps perfectly, sorts, then i use Crisis to fish it up and sort (shameless plug there)..

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 02, 2021, 02:42:29 PM »
Read that script from Kal in depth, it might need a dependency. I use both - FAF to find, and the Kal to go and it draws my maps perfectly, sorts, then i use Crisis to fish it up and sort (shameless plug there)..

Go to that script on EUO and go to the end then go backwards until you find toymaker's fix. It puts the regions back where they belong. You will most likely need to change the id of the MIBs though because they have changed since he posted that.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 02, 2021, 09:36:54 PM »
First, I am a huge fan of both scripts...

I must admit, I am not sure why we are discussing Kal's original sos master script here, but over on Easyuo, I fixed it all. The original post there has a link to both Toymaker's version and mine in it's thread, so the updated versions should be simple to find without the need to scan through the pages.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:40:18 PM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 03, 2021, 02:52:11 AM »
First, I am a huge fan of both scripts...

I must admit, I am not sure why we are discussing Kal's original sos master script here, but over on Easyuo, I fixed it all. The original post there has a link to both Toymaker's version and mine in it's thread, so the updated versions should be simple to find without the need to scan through the pages.

I did not realize that you updated the original. I have not been to it since I grabbed the other one when my original SoSMaster looked like the one posted. I will have to go and give yours a shot. The reason is that they work great together. I use FAF to pull about 100 MIBS, open them all at one time, and then use SOSMaster to sail to them.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 03, 2021, 05:44:43 AM »
There are several other things that have been updated with it. Most high seas boats, OCR fix, gump fixes, freeshard related fixes (both ServUO and Sphere base work), map updates, along with the obvious menu graphics and MIB types. Because of my vision my next update will include larger everything to be able to see it easier.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Glandit

• Activity:
    0%
  • Glandit has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 06, 2021, 10:46:37 AM »
anyone please help me set this up?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 06, 2021, 11:29:58 AM »
It always helps to express what is wrong and to read the requirements of the script. You will need to download the claw from the looting scripts, small traditional boat placed in the water facing North, and run the guided set up. This is directly from the script header on the original post:

Code: [Select]
Requirements:
;     . SMALL boat in deep water
;     . Runebook in main pack with at least:
;       = 1 rune for a safe logout point
;       = 1 rune for a bank
;     . Boat key in main pack
;     . Container in bank for non-stackable items
;     . Container in bank for stackable items
;     . 100% LRC suit.  On OSI, it's best to have self-repair items.
;     . Sissors for cutting leather
;     . Dagger, knife for skinning sea serpents
;     . Offensive ability using Necromancy, Magery, or Archery buffed with Chivalry (optional)
;     . Defensive healing ability using Magery, Necromancy, Chivalry, or bandages
;     . Start script standing on your boat at the key recall point.
;     . If you haven't run the Guided Setup yet, it's best to start at a bank location.
;
; Special Thanks:
;     Valuable testing/feature input by j4bber, MissyMoose, Bookwyrm, sss567, Hoby, Gimlet
;====================================
; Revision History:
;===================================================================
; ToDo:
;  . Item evaluation with TM_CLAw

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing