Author Topic: Can anyone help  (Read 8870 times)

Offline valen2.0Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • valen2.0 has no influence.
  • Respect: +63
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Can anyone help
« on: August 21, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
I am trying to make a script that will cast curse weapon. But I also want it to implement a buffbar scanner. Either Twinkle McNugget or ens. Would anyone be able to help me?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »
I am trying to make a script that will cast curse weapon. But I also want it to implement a buffbar scanner. Either douchebags or ens. Would anyone be able to help me?

We don't post/use the name of the Scripty on this site.   He burned alot of people here via many methods,  needless to say he left a major sour taste in everyones mouth.

But you are more than welcome to use the original and still the best Buffbar scanner.   It just so happens i posted a new beta version of script... http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1508.msg114465#msg114465

Download those follow setup instructions in first post (basically put files  in same directory as easyuo.exe)

Then your custom script could be something like this...
Code: [Select]
repeat
   call scanbuffbar
   if  _CurseWeapon_ notin %BuffBarIconNames
       {
       ; code to caste curse weapon
       }
until #charghost = yes
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:38:01 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:35:47 PM »
Sorry for using his name I did not know that. And I will try this and also give feed back as well if you would like as you stated it was beta.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:54:14 PM »
Sorry for using his name I did not know that. And I will try this and also give feed back as well if you would like as you stated it was beta.

The latest version is a beta version inbetween version ... as I made alot of changes between version 40 and 41.   But its not a true beta as the script is many many years old.  I think I started writting the buffbar scanner back in 2003/4 when the buffbar  was initially introduced into UO and everyone said it couldn't be done... so its well over a decade old.   :)    That said yes please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »
Also thank you for the code. I do appreciate it. What I had looked nothing like this lol. I'm not too good at this language it seems.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »
Also thank you for the code. I do appreciate it. What I had looked nothing like this lol. I'm not too good at this language it seems.

Na if you look at the history of this script on Easyuo you will see it has been through an excess of 41 iterations/versions many unreleased.  Each time the code gets reduced and the scanning speed increases.  The first version was 100% readable like a book as time went on it has gottens less and less readable as I utilize what ever tricks i can muster to gain speed.    The first version would take one second plus to read the bar .. now its averaging 1-2ms !!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 07:03:56 AM »
ok so i have redownloaded the new files EN, but when I run this it doesn't appear to can the bar. I just waits about 10 seconds and recasts. The files are all in the same directory. Am i not implementing the file correctly? Or am I missing it locating the icon itself?

repeat
   call scanbuffbar
   if  _CurseWeapon_ notin %BuffBarIconNames
       {
        event macro 15 104
        wait 5
       }
until #charghost = yes

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 07:19:25 AM »
ok simple test to make sure its finding the the code.

Open buffbar .. Have at least one icon on it .. (any icon) run below code... and post up what it tells you.

Code: [Select]
call scanbuffbar
display ok  BAR Direction: %BuffbarDirection $  Icons Found: %BuffBarIconsFound $ Icon Names: %BuffBarIconNames
halt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 08:26:20 AM »
Bar direction: right
Icons Found: 4
Icon Names: enchanted summoning, poison resistance,lightning strike , and vampiric embrace.

So it scans the bar.

Post Merge: August 23, 2016, 08:35:05 AM
is an else statement missing inside the loop?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:35:05 AM by valen2.0 »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 08:48:06 AM »
Umm caste  Curseweapon on yourself and then run the test see if it detects it... or not ?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 09:23:42 AM »
It detects it. I had like 7 icons and it showed them all.

Post Merge: August 23, 2016, 09:25:12 AM
I double checked the spelling just invade there was a conflict there. It was the same. Is the notin function not working properly?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 09:31:17 AM »
It detects it. I had like 7 icons and it showed them all.

Post Merge: August 23, 2016, 08:25:12 AM
I double checked the spelling just invade there was a conflict there. It was the same. Is the notin function not working properly?

Well lets try different logic..   if not ( blabla in blabla )

if  ! ( _CurseWeapon in %BuffBarIconNames )
   {  ; code to caste curseweapon }

Make sure the %BuffbarIconNames  showes  CurseWeapon as   _CurseWeapon  ... with the _ infront...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27:55 AM »
OK I will double check that after I finish running errands. It's my day off lol.

Post Merge: August 23, 2016, 04:55:29 PM
hmm it still doesn't work. It always recasts it around 10 seconds in.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:55:29 PM by valen2.0 »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
I double checked the spelling just invade there was a conflict there. It was the same.

What did you mean by above please post the exact code from your script cut and paste.  Its going to be something silly.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »
I meant just incase there was a spelling error. I looked to make sure that in the code the variable wasn't spelled different.
The current code is

repeat
   call scanbuffbar
   if  ! ( _CurseWeapon in %BuffBarIconNames )
       {
        event macro 15 104
        wait 5
       }

until #charghost = yes

Tags: