Author Topic: Know why this is happening?  (Read 4802 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Know why this is happening?
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:58:37 AM »
OK, can somebody out there possibly PLEASE tell me why this is happening.

Many of the scripts over at EUO seem to be undownloadable to me. When I click on the download link rather then downloading it actually "opens" the script so that I can read everything in it rather then saving it for me. If I try and cut and paste it into SUO it all comes out on ONE line, and is completly unuseable.

A good example of that is MWinc's miner script. He just updated it last night, and I would like to get it and get back to mining. Last time Ultima had to actually Email the script to me, because I could never actually download it.

I am going to include MWinc's header here so you can actually see what it is doing when I try to grab it...any suggestions??

;======================================================= ; Script Name: MW Miner ; Author: MWinc. ; Version: 13.9 ; Client Tested with: Baja ; EUO version tested with: 144 ; Shard OSI / FS: OSI ; Revision Date: 9/29/09 ; Public Release: 4/27/08 ; Purpose: Recall Mining ftw ;======================================================= ; Disclaimers: ; 1. ONLY MAKES SHOVELS. WILL NOT PULL SHOVELS FROM SECURE ; DEAL WITH IT. ; ;======================================================= ;Things You will need ;1. At Least two Runebooks ; One Filled with runes next To mountains or in a cave ; The Other with the First rune Marked By Your secure, ; or at your bank. ;2. 100% LRC Suit. No If's And's or Butts ;3. Enough magery/chivalry To recall/Sacred journey ;4. Either Iron Ingots in your Secure And A tinker Kit on you ; Or Lots of Shovels In Your Secure ;======================================================= ; Basic Instructions ; 1. Name Your Book/Books With ore Runes in them "ORE" ; 2. Name Your Book with your Secure rune in it "HOME" ; 3. Set %menu TRUE if you want To see My Menu ; 4. Set %Restart True If you Want To Redo The Setup ; 5. Set %enemy To the TYPE/TYPES of the Things You want to ; Run From. ; EXAMPLE: Set %Enemy XX_AUV_YRK ; 6. Hit Play ; 7. Follow The Setup Set %menu true set %enemy set %restart

The entire script looks like this to me...and like I say, if I cut and paste it all goes onto one line of code and is unuseable..any help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks Guys!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Re: Know why this is happening?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:00:06 AM »
Right click on the file and choose "Save As"

Been happening to me for years .. forgot why now.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:09:27 AM »
WOOT!!!!!

TY EN!! Worked like a charm!!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »
Right click on the file and choose "Save As"

Been happening to me for years .. forgot why now.

Ditto! Been that way for years... but only seems to affect some scripts for some odd reason.  Anyway, as EN said, just right click and choose save as... that will fix your problem.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
It has to do with your browser configuration and the way the combination of the web server software and your browser handles the file types. Right Mouse/Save As is your friend at any site for downloads.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »
My theory?
God is telling you to not be a leecher at EUO.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »
Somewhere along the line you set your browser to "always do this action" which is open the file in notepad.  Find that settign in your browser and change it back to ask or download or whatever.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »
Why is it always my scripts........ >:(
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
sheesh you guys...this was a OLD topic...I am running like a million bucks now!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »
This thread ressurection was brought to you by cgeorgemo becasue he has no ability to pass up a line like.

Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:21 AM »
This thread ressurection was brought to you by cgeorgemo becasue he has no ability to pass up a line like.

Whenever I see his name I always think George Romero.

I've met him and he's a real cool guy that is a lot of fun. Really loves what he does and it shows. I'm still sad that he offered for me to work on Land of the Dead and Diary of the Dead but I was unable to  :'(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:21:19 AM by onlyindreams »

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »
wtf do you do for a living onlyindreams?  :)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Tags: