Author Topic: Mage weapon..I dont understand.  (Read 8112 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Mage weapon..I dont understand.
« on: October 03, 2009, 05:38:49 AM »
Ok guys can you please tell me this. I been looking at a lot of posts on stratics (yuck) and a lot of imbued weapons on vendors, and it would seem a LOT of people imbue Mage weapon -27, -23, -20, on weapons. What use is this mod actually? Maybe I am just not understanding what it is at all. I only see it as a way to get a weapon into your mages hands..and if that is the case why mod it at -27, why no mod it at -0 so your mage still had ALL his mage skill. Can somebody please explain this to me?
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

Re: Mage weapon..I dont understand.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:56:55 AM »
Ok guys can you please tell me this. I been looking at a lot of posts on stratics (yuck) and a lot of imbued weapons on vendors, and it would seem a LOT of people imbue Mage weapon -27, -23, -20, on weapons. What use is this mod actually? Maybe I am just not understanding what it is at all. I only see it as a way to get a weapon into your mages hands..and if that is the case why mod it at -27, why no mod it at -0 so your mage still had ALL his mage skill. Can somebody please explain this to me?

The -20 weapons are used because they are very low and easy to offset with jewels/items.  A crystalline and a talisman with 5 magery and you're back at 120 magery while holding a -20 weapon.  If you have a high end, say 45 lightning 45 lower defense 30 swing 40 damage kryss with -20 in your hands while dueling... that becomes a very large advantage for you. :)  If you could hit with it every time, that would be like an extra lightning plus the weapon damage every second with that weapon... I sold a VERY high end war fork like that one for 100 mil.  Perfect dueling weapon.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:02:19 AM by Scripty »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
Actually you need to have Spell Channeling on it as well.

A mage weapon -20 with SC and NO -1 FC penalty, on a weapon with good specials = TONS of gold
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline draxxter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • draxxter has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 08:17:34 AM »
Not only dueling. TT, SC mage weapons are very nice cause you actually have that weapon for defense as px wrestle. So in the end you save 120 skill points putted somewhere else.

Post Merge: October 03, 2009, 08:19:09 AM

A mage weapon -20 with SC and NO -1 FC penalty, on a weapon with good specials = TONS of gold

Actually you cannot use specials :P

You need 70 weapon skill / 70 tactics for primary move, 90/90 for secondary.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:19:09 AM by draxxter »

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 08:19:49 AM »
Thanks a ton guys!

I was thinking along those lines, but wasnt sure...thank you very much for clearing it all up for me!!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »
Not only dueling. TT, SC mage weapons are very nice cause you actually have that weapon for defense as px wrestle. So in the end you save 120 skill points putted somewhere else.

Post Merge: October 03, 2009, 10:19:09 AM

Absolutely correct. I have a mage with 100 swords who uses a -20 NO penalty DP'd Kryss (100 poison on the char). I keep forgetting that I have the swords on him. I still hit as a 120 though, because of my 120 Magery + 20 magery items.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »

Post Merge: October 03, 2009, 10:19:09 AM

Sorry I assumed spell channeling.  I should have been more clear. :)

Absolutely correct. I have a mage with 100 swords who uses a -20 NO penalty DP'd Kryss (100 poison on the char). I keep forgetting that I have the swords on him. I still hit as a 120 though, because of my 120 Magery + 20 magery items.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 06:07:40 PM »
SO all this means that my Recall Lumberjack with 100 swords, could loose the Sword skill and invest those points else where if i find or imbue a -magery sc NO FC ++ Axe ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »
SO all this means that my Recall Lumberjack with 100 swords, could loose the Sword skill and invest those points else where if i find or imbue a -magery sc NO FC ++ Axe ??

You have a recall lumberjacker?  You keeping that one in private reserve or somethin.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »

You have a recall lumberjacker?  You keeping that one in private reserve or somethin.  :)

LOL recall , wondering lumberjack and miner and probably some others that are well unfit for public consumption due to the arcaic crytic nature of the gui's ... 

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »

Yes that means you could use a -mage weapon to use your magery as your weapon skill. :)  And +magery items will raise it up more.

LOL recall , wondering lumberjack and miner and probably some others that are well unfit for public consumption due to the arcaic crytic nature of the gui's ... 

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 10:12:47 AM »
So mage weapons use your magery  skill as the weapon skill for dealing damage?
Do they need tactics and anatomy too or are these already part of the template?
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »
Skill determines the hit chance. Mage weapons use either your magery, or the skill required for the weapon, whichever is greater.

A char with 120 Magery using a mage Weapon -20 would hit the same as a char with 100 Swordsmanship.

Damage is modified using strength, anatomy, tactics, bonuses, etc... It's not determined by the hit chance.

Tactics is required to use special attacks.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »
Thanks
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: