Author Topic: Keurig Brewer cost per cup  (Read 6040 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Keurig Brewer cost per cup
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »
So this is for all the K-Cup users out there. If you don't know what they are then this post is not meant for you because you are obviously not enough of a coffee addict to have moved on up to the coffee-snob big-league of ridiculous expense and waste. For those of us that have accepted this new way of perfectly-brewed, single-cup, deliciousness please read on...

So for the last year or so I've been buying my k-cups from a variety of sources depending on what kind of price I can get at any given time. One thing all K-Cup connoisseur's have in common is the quest for the lowest price-per-cup. The price per box doesn't matter, it's the final price-per-cup! If you buy a box of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters k-cups in your local Kohl's, for example, you might expect to pay $10.99 for a box of 18 or $.61/cup. On the other hand, you might buy a box of 24 from Keurig.com for $13.95 or $.58/cup. The trick is to find the best price then the best ways to lower that price to beat the system!

For example, here are some of my own results:

1) Register your Keurig brewer @ keurig.com and get 2 free boxes of 24 when you buy 2 boxes. So this has been the best one really, and I'll tell you why in a minute. But first, the breakdown - you create an account, register your brewer's serial number and you are eligible to use the coupon code "WARRANTY". You buy 4x24 packs for 13.95 each, this automatically adds you to their "coffee club" for 10% off all orders and puts you above the minimum requirements for free shipping. After the 10% this comes to $.52/cup. Add the coupon code and voila, $.26/cup!! Now you can also ad a 5th box which gets you a 5-pak sampler for free but this actually increases your price to $.30/cup. Now the cool thing, you can actually re-register the same serial number to different accounts (needs a unique email address per account) thus savor this price over and over! Of course there is a moral repercussion here and I've reached my max; having done this about a dozen times I started to feel that perhaps I shouldn't be doing it so no more!

2) Amazon.com - the next best thing has been buying the 50-pak's from Amazon. You can get these as cheap as $21.00/50 or $.42/cup. The cool thing is you can take advantage of Amazon's "Subscribe and Save" discount where you add the item to your Subscribe-and-Save profile and set up an automatic delivery schedule (I use once every 6 months), then you automatically get 15% off the item and free shipping. This equates to $.35/cup. Once you confirm the sale you simply cancel the automatic delivery from your Subscribe-and-save profile. All done! The problem with this method is Green Mountain Coffee is not represented by the $21.00 50-pak's so you have to be happy with what you can get.

3) Kohl's brick-and-mortar - I am constantly inundated with Kohl's spam in a couple different email boxes. I don't unsubscribe because they send out spam that, if you actually use correctly, can save some $$! For example, I recently got an email for 30% my purchase including sale/clearence items. In the mail last week I got some coupons for an additional %20 any purchase if I use my Kohl's card. So let's break this one down! I go to Kohl's, find the box of 18 for $10.99 or $.61/cup. Subtract 30% code and 20% coupon, I am now at $34/cup! Not too shabby and nothing shady whatsoever! Here's the cool thing, if you don't find the flavor you're looking for Kohl's is equipped with Kiosk PC's throughout the store. From the Kiosk you can order from Kohl's online, enter your coupon codes, and because you are ordering from a store Kiosk, get free shipping. Now we're talkin'!

So, I'm looking for other ideas or good k-cup deals. Do you have a Keurig brewer? Do you have a favorite method of obtaining cheap k-cups? What is the cheapest k-cup you've purchased on a regular basis and how did you get there? If you have a brewer and didn't realize you could legitimately get two free boxes until you read the above, feel free to share ;) or at least add rep!! LOL!

I know most people won't care about this thread but I'm bored and frustrated with the prices of Green Mountain Coffee k-cups!

X
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:10:15 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: K-Cups - where do you get yours?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:28:37 AM »
Way too much time on your coffee stained hands dude....

I feed coffee beans to my cat, then stake out the litter box.

I've been through 28 cats this year....

I saw the "proper" way to make coffee one time in a video... they individually selected the beans and put them through a rigorous training program. I'll see if I can find it. Cat poop coffee is the best though.

*BTW when I saw K-Cups in the title I was expecting a *completely* different topic.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »
HERE is that link for perfect coffee... I like the dusty part.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 12:55:48 PM »
Dang it, you made me look!  I was thinkin boobies.  Jeeeez, you big teazzze
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
LOL!!! Now that I read the title differently I can certainly see how I really let you guys down :(

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:35:21 PM »
Darn, I too was expecting picture of some girl named Chestie Morgan or something like that....oh well....gonna go sip my Earl Grey
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Keurig Brewer cost per cup
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 05:11:45 AM »
There, renamed the thread. Now for the love of all that is good in this corrupt, evil world somebody please tell me where to get cheap-ass coffee!!!!!

:D

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Keurig Brewer cost per cup
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »
damnit.. I still looked after the Renaming of the Topic... :P

Tags: