Author Topic: Airsoft: Operation Dark Harvest II  (Read 2007 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Airsoft: Operation Dark Harvest II
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:37:29 AM »
Pic of my son a couple weeks ago at the local Airsoft park. They have 35 acres divided into 4 short and 2 long range fields.

This was from Operation Dark Harvest II. He's got the Cybergun AK47 Spetsnaz. We've since painted the clear foregrip parts black to match the gun.

He got his new gun for his birthday, KWA SR7 DEVGRU (pic below). His new helmet, vest and red dot sights should be in tomorrow.

So now he always wants me to go out with him. I get the old gun lol. I think I'll pick up one of those hunter's chairs - the three legged stools hunter's pack around with them. "I'll be back here, holler if you want cover fire". Funny story from last time we both went out. I found a great spot in the back. Tree had a "V" in it with sandbags stacked up between the two trunks. One trunk made a perfect chair and the sandbags were at the perfect height to rest my elbow with the AK. I was so far back I was just in front of the people from my team that were "out" from being hit. There's a crowd of guys behind me and this kid comes out, he says to me "You should move up", I say to him "Nah thanks kid, I'm good here", everyone behind me laughs. :)

My son in the grey hoodie with the AK

Pic of his new gun
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Airsoft: Operation Dark Harvest II
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:35:16 AM »
Now that looks fun!

Has airsoft replaced paintball?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:45:47 AM »
They do both at this field. Paintball is more expensive and less "military" in nature. Airsoft has a pretty good assortment of military style guns to choose from. Also, paintball hurts a whole heck more when you get hit.

Most times the paintball guys look like this:

Flashy, loose fitting clothing.

Airsoft generally goes for the more military look... lots of tactical gear.

Tactical load outs, period clothing. I see guys carrying M4's using the old olive drab uniforms.

Of course jeans and a hoody work for either.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:10 AM »
Be sure that chair has a cup holder for your beer!

Anyhow, how do you know when you've been hit?  I've paintballed with people who I obviously hit (i.e. large yellow starburst on goggles) but they claim they fell and landed on their ammunition.  lol  You just can't trust noobs.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:40:56 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:22 AM »
My son asked me how many kills I got our first round together. I said I hit about 6 people and think I got one kill ROFL.

Now me, on the other hand, if I feel a strong breeze I raise my hand and call out "HIT". The sooner I get off the field, the sooner I get back to the beer ;)

Tags: