Author Topic: Tablets  (Read 3519 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Tablets
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:10:42 AM »
Im thinking about getting my wife a tablet for x mass, she doesn't need anything to crazy, and I don't want to spend any more than 200 bucks.... Any
 ideas?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Tablets
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:47:18 AM »
Viewsonic Gtab goes on sale from time to time at around $249.  I like mine OK.  The screen is the only thing I don't care for, but it's got a zippy CPU, and 16GB builtin.  Oh, the stock OS kinda sucks because they don't have access to the android market, but I put on Vegan Gingerbread and am very happy with that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »
Im thinking about getting my wife a tablet for x mass, she doesn't need anything to crazy, and I don't want to spend any more than 200 bucks.... Any
 ideas?
MAybe this:
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-Tablet/dp/B0051VVOB2

But it frequently depending on the tasks she want to solve for it.. or better.. what u think she would do with it...

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »
I have the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab and absolutely love it! You can get it for $200 with a contract on just about any carrier. If you buy it without a contract, it's around $499.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »
I have the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab and absolutely love it! You can get it for $200 with a contract on just about any carrier. If you buy it without a contract, it's around $499.
They are really good , i have a Customer who use it in his Company for his working task..And he love it:)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
Asus Transformer (TF101)

But you'll have to STAND IN LINE
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »
An Aspirin    ... its one of the original modern tablet's and you should be able to get 100's for $200    ;)   Of course if you want old school  thiers always these   http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/87819815.html  but i would get a new one not a used one 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline author-unknown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • author-unknown has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 06:13:22 PM »
Viewsonic Gtab goes on sale from time to time at around $249.  I like mine OK.  The screen is the only thing I don't care for, but it's got a zippy CPU, and 16GB builtin.  Oh, the stock OS kinda sucks because they don't have access to the android market, but I put on Vegan Gingerbread and am very happy with that.
I picked one of these up for about that price, but haven't yet flashed the ROM...been super busy at work. But the price is very sweet.  The only complaint I have so far is the viewing angle kinda s*cks.  You basically have to straight up be tangent to the screen or the diffraction in the screen makes it so everything goes dark.  But this also makes it hard for other people to spy on your screen :D

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »
thanks for the help guys.. Santa wasn't very good to us this year so she won't be getting anything like that this year....

Tags: