Author Topic: Scripting in other games  (Read 4829 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Scripting in other games
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »
Have you written or used scripts in other games?

I wrote some stuff for BattleField 2 that actually was credited in an online magazine  ;)

So has anyone else worked over configs, or written a killa AutoHotKey, Nostromo, G15 or other script for gaming?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting in other games
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
I can't say I have I didn't really know there was anything out there to do that with.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »
I did a bunch with BF2, modifying the configs so the "command rose" could be accessed with NUMPAD keys. It's a cool story actually, I'll post it up later.

I had macros made up with autohotkey to do stuff you normally wouldn't be able to.... like....

Jump, Shoot, Prone, repeat

Jump, Toss C4, Switch to Detonator, Jump, Detonate

Grab the kit on the ground, switch to ammo or med, drop one ammo/med pack on the ground, grab my kit back

Dive, switch to paddles, use paddles, switch back to primary weapon

Switch to grenades, toss one, switch back to primary weapon

Switch to pack (ammo or med), drop one, switch back to primary weapon

Some commander stuff...

All those were one key macros. I also was using mouse movement to offset recoil  ::) and a single shot continuous fire  :o
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
I used to play BF2 way too much. I reached Colonel before i quit. Wake Island always has been my favorite map, choppers, jets... drewls... BF2 imo is the best shoot em up game ever. I got banned & kicked of servers many many times cos they claimed i was cheating lol. Im just too good. First game in shoot em up i was good at was Halflife, i was invited to the Belgian Championship but i wasnt able to go. I sometimes even was able to shoot down jets at full speed with a chopper which i flew solo woot woot. After writing this, i might even reinstall my precious  ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 09:41:29 AM »
Well, now that I have some time to tell a story....

I used to play BF2 all the time with my son. He really dug being a medic and squadding up to help everyone out. He got to be pretty damn good at the game, but had some keyboard issues. His hands were too small to hit some of the keys to do really quick combinations. What he really wanted to do was:

Switch to shock paddles, dive on the ground, shock a guy, switch back to rifle.

So I searched and learned about AutoHotKey.

I learned how to make the macros work so that he could do his medic thing with one key stroke. At the time this was considered cheating by the BF2 players.

I had gotten a G15 keyboard with macros. There was a lot of talk in the G15 community about different "scripts" that could be done with the hotkeys. One thing that really ticked people off was the "command rose" that BF2 uses for a variety of commands. You can hotkey to bring up the rose, but have to move your mouse over the command to execute.

I researched the config files for BF2 and found a way to remap the command rose directions to the numpad keys 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9. I put it out into the BF2 world and was amazed at the response I got.

It seems there was a group of handicapped players who had been doing this project to convert all the commands to voice activated. They were using some free voice package that could remap keystrokes to commands. They could say "weapon - knife" and it would be like the game pressing the 2 key.

When these guys saw that I'd adapted the config to enable actual keyboard commands to that command rose, they went nuts. It was the last hurdle they had to overcome to go totally voice commands.

In the mean time.... I was playing with more macro stuff, including stuff like:

left mouse click down, left mouse click up, move mouse 6 pixels down, wait 50 ms, repeat.

Yep, thats an auto clicker with recoil suppression. That combined with my "crosshair" script that put a red crosshair in the middle of the screen were VERY popular hehe.

Anyways... got this pm on a forum I frequented:

Hey there,

A buddy of mine and I are doing a video podcast. We both use the G15 and did a review of the keyboard. Since alot of information was learned from the G15Mods.com forum and from many of your posts we wanted to make sure we gave you credit at the end of the show.

We hope you are okay with this. Always have appreciated your help on the forum. Although I don't post that much (hardly at all) I do read alot and then test and implement.

Feel free to watch the show and make what ever comments. We hope you like it. Currently it is being hosted on www.livevideo.com/TheGamingInsiders till we get our own site up and running which should be a few weeks. We want to have much higher quality video on the site because livevideo compresses the heck out of it.

I don't have access to that link from work, it might still be there. I actually watched it and saw my BF nickname right there in the credits ROFL.

Offline subpar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • subpar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:27:23 AM »
I've only done a little with my Nostromo, but I love that peripheral.  I had some great ones for weapon and position switching for my bounty hunter in SWG back before the NGE. 

I will also map hot bars in a separate 5,5,4 area if the game allows (like KR) so that I can have a visual reference as to what the buttons are.  There was a great UI I used when playing EQ2 that had the Nostromo and G15 built into it already.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »
Man, I have had my Nostromo for over 6 years now and have never used it.  lol.  Toys.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline subpar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • subpar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 05:24:20 AM »
Different strokes, I guess.  My buddy uses the old one (n50) but hates the N52. 

I'm slowing down with age, so anything that helps me get off a spell or heal faster helps.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 06:27:21 AM »
Mine is the third.... fourth? one I've had.

Wore one out, then bought another, but one button was sticky so took it back.... the replacement worked ok for a while but then failed, so I took it back.

I haven't modded the third row buttons (turn them around to make the far row closer to the second row) because I have big hands. You know what they say about guys with big hands? Hehe....

So... with my G15, Nostromo, JoyToKey (I think that was it) and AutoHotKey, I have 4 different macro systems that can be setup to work together. Add that into some modded config files and it can be a very confusing situation.

I've actually had G15 macros setup to hotkey UOAssist macros which would pass keys that EUO would use.

Tags: