Author Topic: Installing UO  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Installing UO
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
Ive been chatting about this enough in the shoutbox that i need to make a thread out of it.

Bascially I'm pulling my hair out.

Getting an install file
(a) from the link on UO.com -- this file is curropt and cannot be installed.  Ive downloaded it more times than i care to think about doesn not work.

(b) from download.com UOML-- its from 2005... installs but will not fully patch*

(c) misc install i found on my machine from who knows when UOSA - installs patches will not fully patch*

*Both of these will not install the patch #7-7-03 .. and so client is useless as cannot get uptodate.

AM i missing something here am i doing everything backwards.  How do new or newold customers get an install working on thier machine is thier a magic trick or a different download spot to a client that actually will patch upto current levels.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Installing UO
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:35:09 AM »
"How not to run a business!" should be a book detailing how UO has been handled and is still currently being handled over the past 12 years.

I'm not sure if you can download the file (UOML) and someone can send you the client.exe via email or ICQ and if that would help your cause.

It's ridiculous that you have to patch so much and that their current installation is so far behind.

Have you tried using a different browser to see if that helps?

I did have the trouble of not being able to patch a few months back. Nothing I did worked and ended up wiping my hard drive and re-installing an OS.

Damn this game and the damn the people in charge of running or should I say ruining it!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
LOL this is on a wiped machine and brand new os.  (Download attempted on 3 browsers all the downloads are fine .. but the self extracting zip itself is corrupted as it fails approx 3/4 the way through the unzip prior to install. - so basically they have uploaded a corrupt install for us to download)

None of the installers work or if they do they wont patch past that one spot.  Don't ask me why i don't know.  I'm on the verge of digging out my original install disk... a simple 5min install is now in its 10th hour... lol

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »
New install location found - 9th aniversary edition -- untested so far
http://www.uoherald.com/node/50

the other download locations
Uo.com link from side tab - UOSA  Currupted install never works
http://www.uoherald.com/downloads    

download.com  - UOML wont patch past patch #7.7.03
http://download.cnet.com/Ultima-Online-Mondain-s-Legacy-client/3000-7540_4-10432237.html?tag=mncol;1
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:23:34 AM by Endless Night »

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »
Just a thought... But with everything else that they have messed up right now with accounts/codes/decay/subscriptions and such it might be worth making a call to customer support to find out if there are issues with it.  I would hate for you to spend day after day only to find out later that it was wasted time because they have broke yet another portion of their site.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 04:20:59 AM »
OMG  the 9th aniversary edition download successfully patched all the way from 6.0.2.0 upto current 7.18.0

9th aniversary edition download link --> http://www.uoherald.com/node/50

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 04:30:13 AM »
Backup the entire directory!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: